• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v. Exeter prediction and discussion thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
GC interview says City players got back at 4.30am yesterday morning. GC himself looks washed out. Setting off tomorrow. Loads of injuries and players knackered. Port Vale fighting for survival; City'sleague status already settled.

3-0 defeat incoming.

tavyred

City boys de-mob happy and playing without fear. City win 2 zip!! 🔴⚪

denzel

GC interview says City players got back at 4.30am yesterday morning. GC himself looks washed out. Setting off tomorrow. Loads of injuries and players knackered. Port Vale fighting for survival; City'sleague status already settled.

3-0 defeat incoming.
7 hours after the game finished? Did they go via Stringfellows?

I'm sure they'll be fine, should have had a nice kip on the bus..

wiveygrecian

3-0 defeat incoming.
[/QUOTE
7 hours after the game finished? Did they go via Stringfellows?

I'm sure they'll be fine, should have had a nice kip on the bus..
Also Port Vale played at Peterborough 24 hours later than us yesterday

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
After denying us the Championship a couple years back, it would be nice to repay the favour and help relegate Vale back to whence they came. 👍
Like Rovers, Vale is one of those clubs I'm not keen on for no apparent reason!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

3-0 defeat incoming.
Yes thank goodness we can relax which would not have been the case had we not been already certain of survival

Rosencrantz

It's odd how you get bad feelings for clubs and Vale just remind me of 92/93 when we lost in the area final of The Autoglass late on and then a few weeks later had that infamous game when we were looking like getting the win we needed to stay up only for Bob Hammer to award a very soft penalty in injury time against Scott Daniels leading to an appearance on The News At Ten for the subsequent shenanigans.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
There have been some unfortunate links with them over the years going back to when one of our best ever keepers broke his leg playing them at home at the Par. A bit later and we had a titanic struggle with them in southern final of earlier equivalent of the EFL Trophy. More recently they denied us the achievement of being league two champions after chasing and catch the run away leaders FGR.

We must not forget some of Vale’s remarkable exploits in the FA Cup in mid 50s when they out in a semi final replay can’t remember the other Club at present but around the same time another third tier Club York City also went out in replayed semi final.

fred binneys head

It's odd how you get bad feelings for clubs and Vale just remind me of 92/93 when we lost in the area final of The Autoglass late on and then a few weeks later had that infamous game when we were looking like getting the win we needed to stay up only for Bob Hammer to award a very soft penalty in injury time against Scott Daniels leading to an appearance on The News At Ten for the subsequent shenanigans.
Interesting that wiveygrecian has liked your post Rosy 😉