• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

ryancooper327

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Boom, here next year:

🔋 Contract Extension triggered ✅

We are delighted to announce that One of Our Own, @C_Diabate50 contract has been extended until the end of the 2️⃣4️⃣/2️⃣5️⃣ season 🤝

#ECFC #SemperFidelis

Excellent news. Another academy graduate [not] let go by Caldwell :)

arthur

It's good news week...
...someone's dropped a bomb somewhere

ryancooper327

Excellent news. Another academy graduate [not] let go by Caldwell :)
He referenced this somewhat in the article:

"We always want to keep hold of our academy players as long as we can but there will always be a time they look for something new in their career, but at this current moment in time Cheick is fully committed to the club and we are fully committed to developing him so he can be the best player he can possibly be."

arthur

"We always want to keep hold of our academy players as long as we can but there will always be a time they look for something new in their career, but at this current moment in time Cheick is fully committed to the club and we are fully committed to developing him so he can be the best player he can possibly be."
Yes, I liked that bit very much

budegrecian

A great decision by all. Look forward to him developing further next season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Chieck will be on his way at some point but it's good news that hopefully he will be the next graduate to chalk up 100 appearences in the red and white

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fantastic news. Now to get Jake Richards to commit to signing a pro contract.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fantastic news. Now to get Jake Richards to commit to signing a pro contract.
I may be wrong but I didnt think scholors can sign pro contracts until their 18th birthday

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I may be wrong but I didnt think scholors can sign pro contracts until their 18th birthday
I think it's the 17th birthday which will be this August for Jake. Anyway apologies for dragging this thread off-topic. Am so pleased we get to see another season of Cheick who is always such a joy to watch.