• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shaun MacDonald

Agent Andy

Stay or move on? I guess this depends on what happens with Harry Lee.
I was only trying to shed some light on this question and I was told Lee hadn’t been offered anything . Remind me to stay off this forum in future .

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I was only trying to shed some light on this question and I was told Lee hadn’t been offered anything . Remind me to stay off this forum in future .
If your skin is that thin, best stay off the internet completely.

Simba3011

Still 2 years younger than when Cooper played his first full league one season down the road, think we'd be stupid not to offer him something. GKs never usually debut at his age.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
When Kevin Miller was interviewed for the "Reflections" video a couple of weeks ago, he spoke as if he was expecting Harry to be around next season. I wouldn't be surprised if MacDonald is as well as he seems a capable back up and good personality to have around.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I couldn't get to the end of his joke about the talking centipede, and I was acutely aware of the suffering of Dion Rankine. Can anyone tell me the punchline?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plenty time for Lee to be offered a contract, if he hasn't already been.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I couldn't get to the end of his joke about the talking centipede, and I was acutely aware of the suffering of Dion Rankine. Can anyone tell me the punchline?

Basically the Centipede was late coming back from the shop as he was still putting his shoes on - Boom Boom

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As things stand we havnt offered Lee a new deal so I suppose we’ll be going with McDonald next season as no2 . Bit surprised by that to be honest.
Not sure I understand this post. If Harry Lee is with us next season I imagine he’ll either be first choice or loaned out again so we’d still need a no 2.

Bridgy 81

At the recent Fan’s Forum GC seemed to imply that we aren’t likely to have 3 keepers again next season.
It does seem a bit extravagant at our level, unless like this season it was to accommodate a young professional going out on loan.
If we retain Lee and have him as first choice (which I personally think is very unlikely) then I’d dispense with MacDonald and sign a veteran keeper with a lot of experience as his cover and mentor.
Or, my preferred option, sign a decent keeper on a permanent two year contract with the expectation that he’ll start as our first choice.
Then give Lee a two year deal, with the plan to play him in every cup game (first team and U21).
But also give both players the clear understanding that at any point during those two years that the No 1 jersey is up for grabs depending on their respective performances in matches and training.
It’ll be clear by summer 2026 whether Lee is, or is likely to become, a good League One keeper.
There, all sorted.
I’ll now turn my attention to our midfield and strikers.

ryancooper327

Signs for one more year!