• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

1931 Fund sponsoring women's team #31

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hello all.

Just a quick note to confirm that the 1931 Fund sponsorship of the women's team's Number 31 is a standard player sponsorship package - £250 paid having been raised via a sweepstake that some friends and I ran.

Nothing was taken from the 1931 Fund treasure chest, which is safely buried 36 paces north west of the tallest yew tree in Heavitree Park.

We await news from ECFC of how they wish to use our £15k for this year's League One squad.

On that front, my personal view is a muddled mix of frustration at lack of squad improvement, optimism that giving youth its chance may just work out okay and admiration for our principled focus on getting what we want from the transfer market rather than settling for what we can more easily get. It'd be lovely to see our patience rewarded - and if an extra £15k helps overcome any barriers then we'll have done our bit.

If anyone would like to join - perhaps exiled fans like me who don't click the SJP turnstiles so often - then please email 1931fund (at sign) gmail.com

NB Usual Gmail fornat of course. Trying to avoid more spam

Cheers and UTC
Al

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cheers for the update Alan.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Update from Alan Crockford...

Thanks for your support and patience last session. Without a men's player for our famous shirt we went ahead as per my last email with a £3k payment to the women's team.

There's a little story here

I'm grateful to Lynne, Al and Trev for joining some of the women's players on the pitch at SJP. There's a nice pic on the ECFC women's Twitter pages.

With your ongoing support, we'll have around 22k to pledge for the coming season, so we expect to be back to our core business of helping the ECFC first team.

I don't want to jinx anything, but despite City reiterating that the first part of this summer is going to be quiet on the transfer front, it does look hopeful that our next No.31 could be announced quite soon. Fingers crossed.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Read into this what you will..

Update from Alan Crockford...

I don't want to jinx anything, but despite City reiterating that the first part of this summer is going to be quiet on the transfer front, it does look hopeful that our next No.31 could be announced quite soon. Fingers crossed.