• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20 Years of Trust

hern

Next Tuesday 16 May marks the 20th Anniversary of Russell and Lewis being ousted and an interim Trust Board instituted by Ivor..

Pat yourselves on the back, every one of You, who then and over the 20 years since have given so much....and be proud of the success and dignity you give the city of Exeter.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next Tuesday 16 May marks the 20th Anniversary of Russell and Lewis being ousted and an interim Trust Board instituted by Ivor..

Pat yourselves on the back, every one of You, who then and over the 20 years since have given so much....and be proud of the success and dignity you give the city of Exeter.
Of course we should never forget your outstanding efforts in those early days. You always were modest and not one for the limelight but I'm sure Dr Dave's new book will give you due credit I hope

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
A very timely and pertinent reminder Hern! Nowadays, there are those that get frustrated with our model and would lobby for 'outside investment', and/or spending beyond our means. To a degree I understand that but I do feel that the supporter ownership 'experiment' has not yet been fully tested and, personally, I believe there is yet more to come. Some will disagree, I know, but our model is "slow burn" and not a fire that burns out quickly.

Everything about our club today makes me proud and, after 57 years of visiting SJP, there were bygone times when I didn't always feel like that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Argyle fan and BBC correspondent Brent Pilnick on 20 years of Trust ownership at Exeter

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Argyle fan and BBC correspondent Brent Pilnick on 20 years of Trust ownership at Exeter

He does a good job of getting City content onto the BBC site.

tom_ecfc

Looks like a new fan ownership scheme is starting at Dorking Wanderers -

Spoonz Red E

Fair play and good luck to Dorking - hope they don't need Captain Scarlet's help further down the line. :cool:

malcolms

Fair play and good luck to Dorking - hope they don't need Captain Scarlet's help further down the line. :cool:

Might be a good idea if you researched the original Dorking FC club (the oldest football club in Surrey) which was manoeuvred into oblivion by Mr White...

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Might be a good idea if you researched the original Dorking FC club (the oldest football club in Surrey) which was manoeuvred into oblivion by Mr White...
My money would have been on the Mysterons.

ExmouthMart

Of course we should never forget your outstanding efforts in those early days. You always were modest and not one for the limelight but I'm sure Dr Dave's new book will give you due credit I hope
Hopefully they will not name a stand after those involved in those early Trust days because further down the line those same people might want to quietly forget you and put your name where nobody can see it and never really explain why……..