• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd love to see Sinisalo, Woods and Harris back here next season🙏....but suspect that I might be disappointed on all three.
Sinisalo definitely. As I've mentioned elsewhere, the impression I got from Caldwell's post match interview on Saturday is that the club is exploring ways to get Woods back but there are many stumbling blocks to get over first and I wouldn't be surprised to see Harris back. I don't think this season has worked out as he expected and he, and Fulham, may feel he would benefit from coming back here for a proper season.

Bridgy 81

The extra year is usually in the clubs favour rather than the player. I don’t think you could have one that is activated by either party as the player would hold all the power.

What we do know is that we want him.
It says it’s a club and player option beyond this season in this recent BBC article.
But I’m not sure what that means in practice.

!luke!

I like the idea of taking a chance on a younger player from the national league.
Chris Conn-Clarke from Altrincham would be a decent shout surely? 22 year old midfield with 21 league goals so far this season.

Mid Devon Grecian

I like the idea of taking a chance on a younger player from the national league.
Chris Conn-Clarke from Altrincham would be a decent shout surely? 22 year old midfield with 21 league goals so far this season.
Why? We’ve got two strikers at present, one is a raw academy product, the other is of the type you propose. Do you think having three inexperienced strikers in league 1 is the way to go?

Simba3011

I thought the Evans rumour was made up

Mid Devon Grecian

It says it’s a club and player option beyond this season in this recent BBC article.
But I’m not sure what that means in practice.
Why would Coughlan have to “put him in a headlock” if all he had to do was trigger the option?

Mid Devon Grecian

I thought the Evans rumour was made up
It 100% wasn’t, and no I’m not revealing my source.

Bridgy 81

Why would Coughlan have to “put him in a headlock” if all he had to do was trigger the option?
Presumably because the player also has an option.
But as I said previously if this article is correct and both he and the club hold one I presume triggering it requires the agreement of both parties but binning it can just be done by one or the other?

Mid Devon Grecian

Presumably because the player also has an option.
But as I said previously if this article is correct and both he and the club hold one I presume triggering it requires the agreement of both parties but binning it can just be done by one or the other?
These two paras from the article make it clear the decision rests with the player, not the club.

"We're hopeful that he puts pen to paper and he gets that clear of his mind and focuses on the run in, the last 14-15 games.

If he keeps scoring and he keeps doing well, we won't be able to stop him moving on. So that's for another day."

Bridgy 81

These two paras from the article make it clear the decision rests with the player, not the club.

"We're hopeful that he puts pen to paper and he gets that clear of his mind and focuses on the run in, the last 14-15 games.

If he keeps scoring and he keeps doing well, we won't be able to stop him moving on. So that's for another day."
You very well may be right, but it so it rather renders the club’s reported option (whatever that is) somewhat pointless.
Anyway that’s enough recruitment and contract talk for this evening.
It’s lights out for me now, I’ve got an early start tomorrow.