• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new system required for ticket arrangements - discuss

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are Dopey Dave, aka Southamton Dullard, and I claim my five pounds.
That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me..
Don't rub it in : it's hard enough as it is...

DJH2005

The ticketing for Argyle was a joke and it cost us a sell out!
Argiggle was never, ever going to be a sellout. Too many games in such a short space of time, JPT is largely irrelevant to most of us, and the Scum isn't the draw it once was. Probably many other reasons too tbh.

The ticket system is crap, but you're barking up the wrong'un with that FECFC.

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he is referring to argyle last season..when we failed to sell out. Although his example that because one argyle fan got into the bb meaning it was a failure is a v high failure rate.

Grecian1966

The ticketing for Argyle was a joke and it cost us a sell out!

why on earth should you be known to the club to buy tickets?

There was an Argyle fan in the flybe stand anyway so didn't really work did it!?

A New System is indeed required.
Saying the same thing on multiple threads doesn't make your point any more relevant instead becomes boring. :$ For example, is your supposed new system (which I assume we can afford? without any possible pitfalls?)

Last edited:

The Governor

Tickets will be available in person only at the ticket office windows from 11am. Tickets are for both the standing and seated areas and are available on a first come first serve basis for as long as supplies last.

The above is the ticket information for Liverpool fans on their website.
I wonder if their exiled fans are constantly moaning about not being able to get tickets?

ecfctis

1. A member of any priority group, no matter how many, entitled to one ticket only. Must also have been a member as at 1st August that season to discourage people just jumping on the bandwagon for a big game, and to reward those who support the club regardless of whether there may be a big game or not.

2. Vouchers given out at the one or two home games prior to the match and secondary priority given to these voucher holders.

3. 'Known' previous ticket purchasers from the last two years.

4. Anyone else if there's any left.

Simple.

Oh, and for heaven's sake get a proper up to date database of priority members organised. And arrange for the capability for seats to be chosen and bought online - with ST holders' seats greyed out until such time as a time limit expires and they are not claimed. This really should not be difficult.
Agree! but sadly this is a reflection of those in charge at the club who really should be able to come up with a good all round system - after all they are paid to do this. The police unfortunately do now have far too much input into ticket sales and the control of who may or may not turn up.
All in all though, a typical crap arrangement for tickets by a select few of little imagination or cudos. The initial starting point is one ticket each, not one ticket per priority group, how commercial is that. The voucher system also generates additional income for one or two league games.
The usual city missed opportunity by the lesser suits!
(I'm working away so not bothered about tickets for this one)