• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Appledore FC

GJW

Great website for the Peninsula leagues

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Div_1_East/Table

They even have an attendences section under the 'stats' icon. Crediton's attendance for their first home game was 62.

They also have a good forum that is very popular. I have to say that this website set-up is exceptionally good for that level of football. It's worth taking a peek at.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
The one to definitely win is against Okehampton Argyle (what sort of a name is that?). They deserve to be trounced.
I do believe many years back they were formed by Plymouth Argyle fans...hence the name!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair play to you Gary though, there is no shame at going to watch this level of football regularly. In the mid 90s when I was living in Torrington and being a teenager at the time I didnt get to many City games owing to lack of ££, for about 2 seasons I would always nip down to the Vicarage field and watch Torrington quite often in the then Great Mills League as it was known when Tiverton and Taunton were dominating the league for quite a while.

I will never forget when they played Chichester City in an FA Vase 4th round match and Torrie narrowly lost 2-1 in what was an absloute cracker of a game and Big Hector Christie missed an absolute sitter from 6 yards in the dying moments which would've taken it to a replay. Also remember a certain Dave Walters turning out for Putford against Torrington in a Torridge Cup match.

GJW

Fair play to you Gary though, there is no shame at going to watch this level of football regularly. In the mid 90s when I was living in Torrington and being a teenager at the time I didnt get to many City games owing to lack of ££, for about 2 seasons I would always nip down to the Vicarage field and watch Torrington quite often in the then Great Mills League as it was known when Tiverton and Taunton were dominating the league for quite a while.

I will never forget when they played Chichester City in an FA Vase 4th round match and Torrie narrowly lost 2-1 in what was an absloute cracker of a game and Big Hector Christie missed an absolute sitter from 6 yards in the dying moments which would've taken it to a replay. Also remember a certain Dave Walters turning out for Putford against Torrington in a Torridge Cup match.
I remember travelling to Abingdon to watch them in the FA Cup (early rounds) and that was a good day out. My friend played for them at the time. That was years ago, I don't think I could even put a date on it.

rogerc

.....and Big Hector Christie missed an absolute sitter from 6 yards in the dying moments which would've taken it to a replay. .......
Hector got a mention in the programme v Shrewsbury last weekend.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also remember a certain Dave Walters turning out for Putford against Torrington in a Torridge Cup match.
He still has a lot to do with Putford, RaWZ. I played against hima couple of seasons back.

Antony Moxey

Next Saturday I'll be in Bournemouth watching City but will have half an ear on Appledore v Exmouth (Antony Moxey's home town).
Exeter's my hometown - I was born at Mowbray in Heavitree.

GJW

Exeter's my hometown - I was born at Mowbray in Heavitree.
Incorrectly assumed that your location 'Exmuff' was the town where you have your home (your hometown). Do you just work there then?

Antony Moxey

Exmouth's where I live, Exeter is where I was born. It will always be my hometown no matter where I live. :)

GJW

Exmouth's where I live, Exeter is where I was born. It will always be my hometown no matter where I live. :)
Maybe you'll go back there one day. You seem to have an attachment to it, other than football.

By the way, Appledore won 5-0 against Exmouth. I'd get out of there quick, sounds like the football team isn't up to much.