• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we good enough to avoid relegation?

Cygnus

With all the doom and gloom on the forum tonight, after admittedly a disappointing defeat at Oldham, you'd think we were already relegated. Lets be positive and trust Tis to get things right, as he's always done in the past!

So to answer my own question, it will be a tough season I'm sure, but we will stay up, as the squad, with some additions in January is good enough! Now everyone get behind the team and lets pack the Park on Saturday against Southend.

GJW

Yes. I think we will end up with 55 points. We'll have a better second half of the season than the first half (as we have under Tisdale for the last 3 seasons), with lots more ups and downs. We might even get beaten 5-0 along the way. We'll probably finish in about 15th place and we'll all be reasonably happy at the end of the season, unlike some now who have the patience-span of a gnat.

ecfc2000

yes. Don't panic.

Big Ted

Yes - we're good enough, but that doesn't mean that we will. The players/management need to have the stomach for a fight and be able to pick themselfs up after a poor run of results. And us fans need to be realistic about what can be sustainably achieved on our buget and get behind the team even when we've lost a few games.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, next question.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, next question.
I agree with him

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
We will finish 17th. FACT!

Yes. The challenges involved in stepping up a league should be obvious. All four promoted teams are struggling which makes this clear. Six unbeaten games has turned into four straight defeats which could just as easily turn back to another six unbeaten.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we will do enough to stay up.It would help our cause if some players that performed well were allowed a longer run in the team & I think we are missing Jones.Once he returns from injury I think we will have that extra quality at the back to turn around a feew more points.

PINHOE RED

I think we will do enough to stay up.It would help our cause if some players that performed well were allowed a longer run in the team & I think we are missing Jones.Once he returns from injury I think we will have that extra quality at the back to turn around a feew more points.
I think Marriot is playing very well at the mo & deserves his place in the starting line up!!