• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Arthur k

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apart from his kicking in the first half, Artur had a very good game yesterday and pulled off some very good saves too!

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
:D

Are you ****** again ?
****....I mean pass!

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
DO we have the money to pay for someone who is significanly better now?

If money was flowing we'd strengthen the team in several positions, not just GK. But we have to cut our coat. Artur will improve next season and if he's our #1 will be perfectly good. We do need two keepers, though, ideally Hamer but I doubt we can afford his wages.
I'm only wishing! Artur will be ok.

hatch4england

Except for 3 or 4 wayward kicks, he was excellent. Two top class saves kept us in it and he caught and held everythinghe went for, which was a lot more than Jonsey would have...and brave enough to dive in at feet...and dominated the box.

He's a keeper to keep.

Grant C

I'm sure Steve Bruce knew what he was doing when he signed Artur for Birmingham in 2007. He's only 21yrs old - give the guy a break!

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Can't kick. Decent keeper. Bench next season hopefully.

LammieLammieLammie

Except for 3 or 4 wayward kicks, he was excellent. Two top class saves kept us in it and he caught and held everythinghe went for, which was a lot more than Jonsey would have...and brave enough to dive in at feet...and dominated the box.

He's a keeper to keep.
An opinion I value.

He's still got a bit to do to convince me that he's the answer... but yesterday he did really well. His best save was second half when we was almost one on one with Mellor. He was out quickly and was really brave...

I don't think there are too many of us who thought he would only concede 1 goal in the last 2 games of the season.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah he will be our #1 keeper.

And he will be awesome for us.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I don't think there are too many of us who thought he would only concede 1 goal in the last 2 games of the season.
Very true Lammie!!

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few sh*te kicks yesterday but a couple of seriously fine saves from goalbound shots that kept us in the game early doors. Without them I seriously doubt whether we would have gone on to win the game.

I can live with a couple of poor goal kicks per game if the trade-in is saves like he produced. Little doubt which is the more important.

I think Artur has more potential than PJ and is significantly more vocal and commanding of his area.
The potential is there and he made a couple of good saves yesterday, but he could see the ball when it was kicked each time and I thought he made a bit more of the saves than he had to TBH. For me, Hamer has the edge on Artur, with a better all round game. But Hamer isn't on our books and Artur is. If we help him develop, then we could have a great keeper on our hands.

I am more worried about our ability to make keepers better, though.