• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Away end collapsed

Redvee

Julian Tagg was enjoying himself in the corporate hospitality area at the Exeter Chiefs game
Yes, quite a regular at Sandy Park is Mr Tagg.

Have spotted him lapping it up in the "freebie" section numerous times over recent years.

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mind you, the wall on the corner with Well Street looks in a very perilous state.
I agree Crocks, I've mentioned this on a number of occasions. A far greater amount of material would come down should it fail. I hope the manana approach of the Club doesn't come back to bite us on the backside.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone commented on the club Facebook page a week or so ago when they were first sanding and seeding the pitch that the retaining wall was being priced so that was either a contractor giving a quote or the insurance comany looking at it. Would hope that it could be sorted quite quickly now, guess we have to pay an excess but can't see that should be a huge sum.
If it's insurance then it'll probably be fairly slow going, not least because it's a bit of a busy period for them. At some point they'll likely need to get a structural engineer to design something, then it'll go out to tender for a couple of weeks and then when the order's placed it'll still be a couple of weeks before a contractor will start. In my experience for flood and fire damaged properties you can be approaching 6 months from time of the incident to a start on site, although obviously there is a bit more involved in those types of jobs as you have a much larger specification and list of items to sort out.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
In my experience for flood and fire damaged properties you can be approaching 6 months from time of the incident to a start on site, although obviously there is a bit more involved in those types of jobs as you have a much larger specification and list of items to sort out.
On the other hand, our refectory kitchen suffered a fire before Easter, and it was all done and dusted and the refectory fully operational again within 2 weeks.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree Crocks, I've mentioned this on a number of occasions. A far greater amount of material would come down should it fail. I hope the manana approach of the Club doesn't come back to bite us on the backside.
Sorry to go off topic, but from now on I am going to pronounce the fruit banana the same as the Spanish mañana.

Bañana.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry to go off topic, but from now on I am going to pronounce the fruit banana the same as the Spanish mañana.

Bañana.
Unfortunately Fred some of us haven't got a Spanish typewriter!