• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Bradshaw

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
If BB has been our MP for 20 years, I think that deserves praise. He must be doing something right.
Yes he wins elections. Simples.

It is actually 18 years since 1997 but I did not think his patch included part of the colonies Mike. :S

There is no doubt he works very hard for the interests of Exeter and all his constituents as should all MP's. As a Blairite supporter his career has rather stalled in the Milipede era. Even if Labour goes back to a Blairite programme I doubt if he will serve as a minister again so he will focus on being a good constituency MP for the remainder of his political career.

Mr Jinx

Turned up at Wembley, I seemed to remember
Must've been an election that year.

IndoMike

Yes he wins elections. Simples.

It is actually 18 years since 1997 but I did not think his patch included part of the colonies Mike. :S

There is no doubt he works very hard for the interests of Exeter and all his constituents as should all MP's. As a Blairite supporter his career has rather stalled in the Milipede era. Even if Labour goes back to a Blairite programme I doubt if he will serve as a minister again so he will focus on being a good constituency MP for the remainder of his political career.
I will always be an Exonian, Ali, no matter where I am. so he is my MP. I'm not a huge supporter of BB, but I assume my fellow Exonians are clever enough to choose the best man for the job and cannot be fooled over a period of 20 (or 18?) years.

iscalad

Good MP for Exeter, wrong political party for me.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good MP for Exeter, wrong political party for me.
Me too but credit where it is due and Dr T summed up his contribution to the ECFC cause very well. Interesting to see the map now with just that one little red area.

Barum

as long labour are in power in Exeter. The only in south west and proud
Hmmm, leaving a huge deficit, open door immigration, taxed to the hilt, unemployment, etc, etc. Wouldn't be proud personally.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmmm, leaving a huge deficit, open door immigration, taxed to the hilt, unemployment, etc, etc. Wouldn't be proud personally.
Not really a WOW's topic but very disappointed ECC still Labour controlled. I want to see a theatre not a Swimming Pool. Having said that given the nature of results elsewhere particularly Plymouth I would have thought that Conservative values/manifesto would have been more in line with those of the majority of Exeter residents.

Pobbop

Sorry to disabuse you of this notion; Ben was responsible for persuading several of the doubting companies at the time of the CVA to accept the terms that were being offered. He was also helpful in settling one or two other matters that arose during that period. He also attends matches from time to time as has been indicated elsewhere. As an MP he's a welcome change from the incumbency of John Hannam who preceded him.
Yep that's what I always understood, and that is why i consistently support BB, even though he's a Blarite. which surely should be the on-topic subject here.

Not really a WOW's topic but very disappointed ECC still Labour controlled. I want to see a theatre not a Swimming Pool. Having said that given the nature of results elsewhere particularly Plymouth I would have thought that Conservative values/manifesto would have been more in line with those of the majority of Exeter residents.
Theaters in a Conservative manifesto, umm yeah that makes sense with there well-known support of the arts(drunk).

Last edited:

Barum

Agreed.
Always gives me the impression of being old school Blairite, seems a genuine nice guy.

angelic upstart

I would have thought that Conservative values/manifesto would have been more in line with those of the majority of Exeter residents.
What are conservative values?