• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

best match

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another match i recall and it was special because RaWZ was a mascot for the game was the 3-0 win over Blackpool in what was then the Littlewoods cup in the 89/90 season and IIRC City went on to play Sunderland, we drew 2-2 at the park but unfortunately lost the replay.
That Sunderland game was a classic - we were 2-0 up and their full back looped a back pass from near the half way line that cleared the keepr but bounced off the post right into his arms. We'd have gone 3-0 up and it'd have been game over. Alas although scoring the first and last goals in the replay, Sunderland had the cheek to notch five in between times <sigh>

Grecian joe.

oxford away playoff semi final - classic :)

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
oxford away playoff semi final - classic :)
Every Oxford Games A Classic ;)

Grecian joe.

Every Oxford Games A Classic ;)
isnt it just lol

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
isnt it just lol
5-0 Last Night!

Lets All Laugh At Oxford :D

Grecian joe.

hahaha only just seen that result :eek: :eek:

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
United in Old Trafford . Never seen such an outpouring of love for fellow man than at 4.52pm between 9,000 people in the away end.
Curiously I would perversely say the 6-1 DEFEAT to Hull in 94 as well . If I hadn't popped along to Boothferry to see that hammering, I wouldn't be here today!

robin

the night at the kassam, was very special. ide been away in india ect for 4/5 months and i was really worried about not getting a ticket
,and when i got one i was really pleased, i sat down and got a reality check
the odds were against us. what was i getting so anxious for,it will just be another city night out where we get beat, no biggie, the rest 's history
a truly truly memorable game. and the 68 game when we beat sheff wensday then of the 1st div [prem]in the league cup 3-1.

Last edited:
3 -0 at argyle, Southend in 89/90, and the obligatory Man U and Oxford games

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Without doubt the 2nd leg playoff Semi.....that was really special because of the circumstance of the game,2-0 down on aggregate,drawing level,pens & a first visit for the Grecians to Wembley..A unbelievable night.

Prior to that game.The FAC 5 game at Newcastle in '81.The atmosphere was electric for the whole game & when Lee Roberts equalized,that was the icing on the cake.