• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best Reality Tv Show

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the birth of Big Brother over ten years ago it seems practically 1 in every 2 programmes on the box is now a reality show.

Wife Swap
Come Dine With Me
Airline
Pop Idol
How Clean is Your House etc, etc, etc

Love it or hate it, you seemingly can't get away from the sodding thing. Just wondered what your best and worst is or was.

I like Restoration Man on Channel 4 with the architect who helps turn old churches, windmills and basically pieces of crap into stunning redeveloped mod-con houses and
Wife Swap is always good for a laugh. And of course Airline where companies like Easyjet make a balls of things and watching the staff get abused because they've closed a gate 30 seconds earlier which I utterly adore seeing (I'm the very same narky bollox when I travel)

Worst
The Tube- (obviously based on London's Underground as opposed to the classic 80's show) I watched one episode of this one Sunday and it's 30 minutes of my life I can't get back .
Hello/Goodbye - A series that's cruel and feeds on people's emotions at an Airport departure terminal.

So what's yours?

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best - Come Dine with Me just because of the sarcastic voice over man.

Worst - Wife Swap. Pointless programme.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Apprentice
Masterchef (since the revamped format)
I liked The Restaurant too, if only because I was totally in love with the woman who assessed the contestants.
Come Dine With Me is fine as well, but they need to avoid falling into the trap of having more and more "wannabe" contestants.

Mr Jinx

The Farm - purely for Vanilla Ice's outburst on Terry Christian. Priceless!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best:
Come Dine With Me
The Family - well the first series, never bothered with the second one.
Masterchef

Worst:
X Factor
Britain's Got Talent
Anything that's looking for a west end star
Big Brother from Series 4 onwards
Basically anything that has been repeated over and over and over and over to the point I just want to stick the TV right up Simon Cowell/Andrew Lloyd Webber/Davina McCall's arse!!!

crocks

Basically anything that has been repeated over and over and over and over to the point I just want to stick the TV right up Simon Cowell/Andrew Lloyd Webber/Davina McCall's arse!!!
Now there's an idea for a reality TV show. :)

mwallace

"i'm a celebrity...." i feel, is an almost an awesome idea. A great scrapheap for the hoards of useless celebrities.

it would have been the bestest programme ever if it had fatalities and the celebrities stayed in the jungle forever.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
come dine with me is the only one i have watched and not been immediately repulsed by, but i have a feeling it's only because i like looking at other peoples houses.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
for f*ck's sake, Masterchef is hardly a 'Reality TV Show' in this context?!

the winner, by a country mile, is 'Coach Trip'.

put loads of f*cked up people, expecting the trip of a lifetime, onto a claustrophobic bus with other people they either pretend to like, or f*cking hate and send them to places they'd be happy to leave their worst enemy rotting in and............kaboom. you gotta love it.

Last edited:

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes and their kitchens are always so sodding brand spanking new and clean.