• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Billy Jones

hi, dont know if somebody else has come across this but
http://crewealexandra.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=13642_4905220&id=28
what are the chances that we are interested?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
He never let us down, see Woodards is on the way as well.

old and grey

Jones would be useful for us, but i wouldn't want to see Woodards back, promised much delived little, didn't end his time here with too much credit it appears.

ECFC KARL

i'd say dan woodards is most likely to come back cause he'll be a free agent. where as jones we would have to pay money which we probably couldnt affford to do

wasnt there a sell on clause? if so couldnt we get money off ;)

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Woodards would be a quality signing.

exeter4eva

woodards would finally give tulls some competition for RB

Ian Tarr

I personally hope we don't re-sign Woodards.

He's a fantastic athlete, and good to watch when he's on the ball, but he regularly gets caught out of position, and apart from one run and cross to set up a goal in, I think, an FA Trophy match just after he arrived, I can't recall any end product stemming from his play.

We all instantly liked him, but in reality, when we got used to him, how many of us were actually that sorry to see him go?

He made the same instant impact at Crewe, and there was talk of a big money move (possibly to Sunderland?). But I think people have seen through him there as well now.

I would be more than happy to see Jones back here, but if he's still under contract for next season, there would be a fee. There, probably, lies the stumbling block.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's a fantastic athlete, and good to watch when he's on the ball, but he regularly gets caught out of position, and apart from one run and cross to set up a goal in, I think, an FA Trophy match just after he arrived, I can't recall any end product stemming from his play.
That pretty much sums him up IMHO.

Great to watch but when you look a little closer at his overall contribution, there ain't a lot there.

I would be more than happy to see Jones back here, but if he's still under contract for next season, there would be a fee. There, probably, lies the stumbling block.
hi Ian
it depends on his contract with Crewe, there may of been something about being relegated in there? if not surly there is money in the pot for Tis to spend if he feels it would be a good buy