• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Blue and yellow striped away end?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes,it does look tatty...Why was it erected in the first place?..Seems odd for it to go up halfway through the season & it hides that nice bit of fencing that the exeweb work party put up around 5 years ago..;)...

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
You mean we actually paid for it?!

I'm sorry but in many aspects the club is still non-league.

Why has everything got to be done on the cheap yet we can afford to pay for a multitude of suits?
I know, it p*sses me off.

Surely we could ask Ben Watson to paint the fences, as a way to warrant his wages. Actually, we better not, he might get injured and be out for another 4 years! :mad:

stuartsdog

It looks a bloody shambles, sort it out! (I don't just mean the fences but the entire away end)
how can we take ££ off away fans to stand in the away end i never know

Lister

Yes,it does look tatty...Why was it erected in the first place?..Seems odd for it to go up halfway through the season & it hides that nice bit of fencing that the exeweb work party put up around 5 years ago..;)...
Olds,

The barriers are not up against the back wall, but attached to the barriers creating a corridor/walkway behind them that, as pointed out above, saves on stewarding that area when people clog it up to watch from a yellow hatched area.

Oldsmobile-88

Olds,

The barriers are not up against the back wall, but attached to the barriers creating a corridor/walkway behind them that, as pointed out above, saves on stewarding that area when people clog it up to watch from a yellow hatched area.
Ahh...Thanks for the explanation....

Grecian Max

In terms of redevelopment, it still surprises me that nothing is being mentioned about upgrading the away end.

It can't be that hard surely? No-ones asking for a two-tiered monster, just a stumpy stand with a roof. Even Daggers have one now FFS...

i8cornwall

In terms of redevelopment, it still surprises me that nothing is being mentioned about upgrading the away end.

It can't be that hard surely? No-ones asking for a two-tiered monster, just a stumpy stand with a roof. Even Daggers have one now FFS...
upgrade the away and take funds from upgrading parts of the home ends, what would be the point in that?

CITY CASUAL

It is a f*ckin embarrassment!!! :$

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
upgrade the away and take funds from upgrading parts of the home ends, what would be the point in that?
one of the benefits would be charging away fans same prices as the doble/flybe stand. this in itself of course wouldn't pay for it in the short term. Think if the club believe they have a way of doing both areas as stands then do the away end first, if not then do the old grandstand and look to terrace the full area behind the away goal. Even uncovered would make the area look better and increase capacity by close to another 1000, not sure how much it would cost.

Cravat 2

Other than the yellow and blue, the away end is excellent! :D

I love seeing the likes of the Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday fans dumped in there, especially if it's cold and raining.