• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Board of Society Election

Chris Phillips

Just an alert for those of you interested in the Trust that the annual election to the Board of Society (BoS) will start in the near future.

The BoS is the elected body which oversees strategic and operational aspects of the Trust. In addition, various members of the Trust are involved in governance review of the Club's operation and are members of the individual Club Sub Boards, as established under V10.

Eligible members of the Trust can stand for election and the BoS would canvass any interested member to do so.

This year, five vacancies exist, with four trust members standing down and being eligible to re-stand for election.

Elections have been successfully held during the past two years. Last year, The Trust ran a double-election process, using electronic and paper media. Unfortunately, turn-out was low and the BoS will revert to sending letters to all Trust members, outlining the election process and using this for ballot purposes.

As soon as the fixture list details for 2009/10 are known, the BoS will officially announce the election process and timescales.

If you are interested in standing for election and want further information, please do not hesitate to contact one of the current BoS members.

We have been fantastically successful in recent seasons and many might think that the hard work is complete but further work remains and if you have the enthusiasm, interest and commitment, please do come forward and stand for election during the Autumn.

AndyR

Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere but who are the four standing down and have they indicated whether they will be standing again?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere but who are the four standing down and have they indicated whether they will be standing again?
I am one and will be standing again, particularly as we have an unfinished ground redevelopment project.

I'll leave the others to speak for themselves.

Adrian Hitchcox

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you have an election message, Adrian, for the many Trust voters who would quite like a small terrace at the front of the new Hitchcox Stand? :) :)

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you have an election message, Adrian, for the many Trust voters who would quite like a small terrace at the front of the new Hitchcox Stand? :) :)
Yes Alan, but at the appropriate time - I have to contain my thoughts to the election manifesto!

Chris Phillips

The BoS members due to stand down are Denise Watts, Rob Doidge, Martin Lawrence and Adrian Hitchcox. Roy Slack resigned from the BoS during the year and therefore five places are up for grabs.

As I said in my opening post, if you have any interest, please come forward and stand for election.

Full details will be circulated soon after the fixture list is published and we can set a date for the AGM / BoS election result to coincide with a Saturday home fixture in October.

Chris Phillips

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Im voting for the 'rightwing' candidate!

Chris Phillips

Th Trust AGM will be held at the Jurys Inn Hotel, Western Way on the morning of 24th October - our home game to Wycombe.

Details of how prospective BoS candidates can stand for election will be circulated by letter to all Trust members in the coming weeks.