• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bolton Wanderers versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

TotnesGrecian

Edna Clouds

Not Caldwell's fault at this point, this is on the board for mismanaging the situation. Horrible signing after horrible signing, every single person who was in the room and Okayed a 25-year-old Admiral Muskwe with 3 career goals replacing Nombe needs to take a good look at themselves.
Is this for real? Do you think Caldwell didn't have a say in the signings? Even before Nombe left we had a badly balanced squad - lots of 'tidy' midfielders, but little bite and one striker. More budget should have been spent on an additional striker earlier in the window rather than elsewhere. It was glaringly obvious Nombe, Scott ( at that point might come good...)and Cox (needs experience) were not enough yet we sign lots of midfielders... That surely lies with the manager.

I'm not even going to try and pick apart the last few 'performances'. I'm normally someone who wants to give a manager time but I can't see the team turning this around with Caldwell in charge. There's no confidence and not enough fight.

C j phill

Here’s hoping our new CFO has found another ‘pot of money’ (©️ Nick Hawker) sufficient to get shot of Gary & Perkins.

GC can stick his PowerPoint up his derrière
With Kevin presumably returning to the youth set up.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why on earth are people clapping?
One can only imagine it's just to keep their hands warm.

When I got dumped by a girlfriend once, I didn’t know how to react so I said thank you and shook her hand, think it might be one of those sort of reactions…

Bat Fastard

Surely the board have to at least reach out to super Matty Taylor after that?

Grecian_Matt

Well that was worst than anyone expected.

If he doesn't beat Shrewsbury then he absolutely has to go and no more statements from the board.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps clapping one or 2 individual players who they felt worked hard.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
For sale - one "super Gary Caldwell" flag. One careful owner. Little used. Sent in plain packaging.
One box of matches for sale.Free postage.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't believe they stayed till the end. Were the gates shut?