• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boos at the final whistle

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
we had ZERO yes ZERO shots on target
Sorry, is that anything like having no shots at all on target in an entire game ?

heathy1

True but we really didnt want to lose and we didnt, we werent great at creating much but then we were superb defensively, especially Duffy who was my man of the match, we would have been better playing them last week without the gaze of the new contract decider they had in

dommers

as I said earlier a lot of people are missing the point. The booing was not about the players performance (IMO) but was about the negative and defensive tactics and the way we play square and backwards with almost zero attacking.

we were at home against a team in poor form, below us in the table and once again (according to the BBC statistics) we had ZERO yes ZERO shots on target. That cannot be acceptable even to any rose tinted supporters
The tactics have been like that for the last 3 1/2 years so it shouldn't have been a surprise.

paperclip

we were at home against a team in poor form, below us in the table and once again (according to the BBC statistics) we had ZERO yes ZERO shots on target. That cannot be acceptable even to any rose tinted supporters

i_m
Exactly. In an hour and a half of football, as the home team, against a frankly poor side, we didn't manage to work their keeper even once. I don't think that is acceptable TBH. I didn't boo at the final whistle, but I DID feel very cheesed off.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
and this type of negativity at home results in poor atmosphere and will eventually lead to lower attendances.

Its not like it all the time. In fact when we do play 2 or 3 up front we are capable of winning more games.

i_m

exeips

and this type of negativity at home results in poor atmosphere and will eventually lead to lower attendances.

i_m
Remind me, how much have the attendances drop so far since our negative manager has been with us?

dommers

If we were more positive but losing would we have higher attendances? I think not.

B_O_B ECFC

True but we really didnt want to lose and we didnt, we werent great at creating much but then we were superb defensively, especially Duffy who was my man of the match, we would have been better playing them last week without the gaze of the new contract decider they had in
I agree with you Richard Duffy was also my man of the match he has been in places in the right time to make crucial tackles to save us. The last couple games he has quality and progressing. Yes the we played rubbish and didnt creat enough chances but 1 point is better than none, all we can do now is get the confidence up high for the next game.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remind me, how much have the attendances drop so far since our negative manager has been with us?
Please do me the honour of actually reading my post 'will eventually lead to....'

And when did I say Tis had always been this negative?

i_m

wemissmoxey

information_ministry

I agree with most of what you say but I believe members of our ilk are wasting our time on here.