• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Burton Albion discussion/prediction

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few old faces back at SJP this weekend. We should win, we just need to get a man sent off for Burton and we'll pass them to death and win comfortably.

Another 3-0.

*Not a thread to discuss the population demographics of Burnley.

cannockred

A few old faces back at SJP this weekend. We should win, we just need to get a man sent off for Burton and we'll pass them to death and win comfortably.

Another 3-0.

*Not a thread to discuss the population demographics of Burnley.
But Burton does have a similiar population to Burnley and lots of competeing clubs.......
🐟ing....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We don't have the greatest of records against Burton at home.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
But Burton does have a similiar population to Burnley and lots of competeing clubs.......
🐟ing....
Not to mention also sharing the first half of their name.

Bridgy 81

We don't have the greatest of records against Burton at home.
I remember seeing us have a big win over Burton at home once.
I can’t recall anything much about the details of the game other than that, so I assume it was the 3:0 one in 2012.
What I do remember was that we watched it from the main grandstand, which we rarely did.
The reason we were in there was because my brother-in-law’s mate was running the line and he gave us his complimentary tickets.
It only dawned on me after I’d given him several verbal volleys that I should perhaps be a bit more grateful.
I decided not to though and carried on giving him pelters for the rest of the afternoon.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember seeing us have a big win over Burton at home once.
I can’t recall anything much about the details of the game other than that, so I assume it was the 3:0 one in 2012.
What I do remember was that we watched it from the main grandstand, which we rarely did.
The reason we were in there was because my brother-in-law’s mate was running the line and he gave us his complimentary tickets.
It only dawned on me after I’d given him several verbal volleys that I should perhaps be a bit more grateful.
I decided not to though and carried on giving him pelters for the rest of the afternoon.
I must have given that lino a few choice earfuls back in the day of the OG :ROFLMAO:

Bridgy 81

I must have given that lino a few choice earfuls back in the day of the OG :ROFLMAO:
It would have been in stereo for most matches because, as I’ve recently discovered, I used to be just beside and a little behind you in the OG.
There would have also been a slight time delay on occasions though as when I really wanted to make my point I’d wait until the noise died down before adding my contribution to ensure it’s helpful content could be heard clearly.

Burton are rubbish against the top 8 (1-1-11), pretty good against the middle 8 (6-4-4) and so-so against the bottom 8 (3-4-3), which includes 2 defeats to Carlisle! So, in conclusion (ie ignoring the above completely), if it stays 11 v 11 it will be 0-0, if they get someone sent off early enough .... cue another Caldwell masterclass .... 4-0

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doubtless, come 5pm on Saturday it'll be "our" Maxwell who'll be hoping that Caldwell is the one "gone for a Burton".:p

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights of our first match against Burton, back on 2003 and at Eden Park.