• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury FC vs Exeter City FC Official Matchday Thread

denzil

Just bu44er off Tisdale !!

Last edited:

Leads

We looked so bereft of ideas, we have an OK side for L2, not sure what has gone so wrong.

Stupidly big away end, felt lost.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
........ I don't think our squad is a Championship winning side but neither do I think it is so poor as to be in a relegation scrap and still short of 50 points.
No, neither do I. I sense a serious deficit of energy, passion and desire. In fact the same malaise permeating the whole club these days. The squad is good enough. End of.

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
City this season are a mid table side with 5 games left to prove it.

Grecian_Jay

No, neither do I. I sense a serious deficit of energy, passion and desire. In fact the same malaise permeating the whole club these days. The squad is good enough. End of.
The thing is that people are saying this like it's surprising. It's been happening for ages.

Look at Liverpool at the moment, mostly same players as last season and season before last, but a new approach from a new manager with an attacking philiosophy has meant that they are now the best team to watch in world football.

We are no Liverpool, but things here are stale, the squad is alright, a new manager witrh new ideas and we could be challening again.

malcolms

The thing is that people are saying this like it's surprising. It's been happening for ages.

Look at Liverpool at the moment, mostly same players as last season and season before last, but a new approach from a new manager with an attacking philiosophy has meant that they are now the best team to watch in world football.

We are no Liverpool, but things here are stale, the squad is alright, a new manager witrh new ideas and we could be challening again.
Sorry Jay, but even you are deluding yourself...

We have a keeper whose prone to serious gaffes.

We have central defenders who can't defend basic dead ball situations (also see above)

We have full backs with little or no pace and no idea how to shut players down (did you see Bennett against Bury?)

Midfield players who lack aggression and the ability to play balls through a static defence.

And to cap it all, we have no one who can score goals with any regularity....

It's hardly surprising we are struggling...

Alistair20000

We have central defenders who can't defend basic dead ball situations (also see above)

We have full backs with little or no pace and no idea how to shut players down (did you see Bennett against Bury?)

Midfield players who lack aggression and the ability to play balls through a static defence.

Same applies to most of the teams in this lousy crap ass division Malcs

Grecian_Jay

I disagree Malcs. We are in League 2. Artur is as good as we'll get, Baldwin, JMT should make a good defensive partnership. Grimes, Keohane Wheeler, Gosling, Nichols should be able to form a decent attacking formation. Add in a couple loans, decent freebies and you would have a team easily capable ot getting the in the playoffs.

A decent manager would come in, ship out Coles, Butterfield, Oakley, Sercombe, Parkin etc and use that money to bring in some young, pacey players rleased from the acadamies and one or two older heads (not 35, but 26-29) to help them along. Play an attacking game, excite the crowd, boost attendances and get a feel good factor around the place.

malcolms

I disagree Malcs. We are in League 2. Artur is as good as we'll get, Baldwin, JMT should make a good defensive partnership. Grimes, Keohane Wheeler, Gosling, Nichols should be able to form a decent attacking formation. Add in a couple loans, decent freebies and you would have a team easily capable ot getting the in the playoffs.

A decent manager would come in, ship out Coles, Butterfield, Oakley, Sercombe, Parkin etc and use that money to bring in some young, pacey players rleased from the acadamies and one or two older heads (not 35, but 26-29) to help them along. Play an attacking game, excite the crowd, boost attendances and get a feel good factor around the place.
I don't entirely disagree but you've changed the proposal. You said "the squad is alright" and now you are saying it needs "loans, free signings" and other constituents to make it so...

geoffwp

Coco is just smoke in the wind malc.