• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 230 60.1%
  • Out

Votes: 153 39.9%

• Total voters

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sunderland fans have a reputation for being great supporters, but they love a boo and their ground is half empty by about 85 minutes unless they're winning.
That's the trouble with Sunderland fans.
Everything has to be black and white. :devilish: :cool:

STURTZ

We do tend to have loads of pre match shows of appreciation these days, it's overkill, they all merge into one. Also there's a range of gestures which can catch you out, clapping when you're supposed to be silent, laughing when you're supposed to be hopping up and down on one leg, sitting down when you're supposed to be hating Argyle.

Ian webber

Re budget. We've just spent £££ renewing the contracts of McDonald (one of FOUR goalkeepers), Caleb Watts (injured before we signed him, injured ten minutes into his city career and still injured for another month or so at least) and a bit part forward player who's scored one goal for us in half a season, but yet still has seemingly negotiated a pay rise.

There are funds there, just horribly misdirected.
Bang on with that , its like he wants us fans to be pleased with basically players not good enough getting longer contracts would not imagine any of these players would have any other clubs after their signature anyway , add fizzwater always injured and not much cop and all ninskanen does is run about like a looney talk about money for old rope , I mean **** my dog we have all had about as much as we can take with this fella in charge !

Grecian Max

Hes going to get sacked eventually but it’s not going to be this season. I really thought that was possible with enough pressure but it isn’t going to happen because the board things they’re smarter than they really are.

October/November in League 2 the most likely time, bookmark this!

Grecianman135

Hes going to get sacked eventually but it’s not going to be this season. I really thought that was possible with enough pressure but it isn’t going to happen because the board things they’re smarter than they really are.

October/November in League 2 the most likely time, bookmark this!
I really still can't see it,they'll follow Gary blindly down the rabbit hole for as long as possible,the board didn't want Tisdale out and would of happily kept him on because of having such close ties to him which I also feel is the problem now the board rather than actually acting like one are too close to Gary hence this is a massive part of the problem IMO.

Grecian Max

I really still can't see it,they'll follow Gary blindly down the rabbit hole for as long as possible,the board didn't want Tisdale out and would of happily kept him on because of having such close ties to him which I also feel is the problem now the board rather than actually acting like one are too close to Gary hence this is a massive part of the problem IMO.
Definitely similarities, especially the cosyness aspect

Grecianman135

Definitely similarities, especially the cosyness aspect
Too cosy,what other profession or let alone job would you be best mates with your "upper" bosses or vise versa.

It's always going to be a case of the board putting total faith in anybody regardless of history, reputation or lack there of.

The board really need to toughen up,it's fine to have a good working relationship but this is a bit silly,too soft not streetwise and not ruthless enough as a business as at the end of the day that's sadly what it's about and we really do have the village fête vibes in regards to the running and the business aspects of the club.

fred binneys head

I love it when people say “in what other industry…?” or similar. Erm, loads.

In what other industry is failure rewarded like it is in football? Finance, politics, etc.

In what other industry are bosses good mates with the people who directly report into them? Virtually every business out there.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sunderland fans have a reputation for being great supporters, but they love a boo and their ground is half empty by about 85 minutes unless they're winning.
I've always likened Sunderland's fanbase to Argyle's. When they're ding badly they get 15-18k at home but when they're doing well that figure doubles.

Contrast that to when Manchester City were getting 38k in the third tier.

cannockred

You do know that the English language has this thing called 'punctuation ', don't you?