• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters
MT was more responsible for keeping us in L1 last season.
We were pushing the play offs and had a good points haul before he left.

GC took over and just managed to keep us ticking and we were lucking we had enough points in the bag come end of March, as our form at the end was awful.

If we stay in L1 this season, which we should do now then GC is responsible for this season.

GC is also responsible for the most boring football I have seen at the Grecians in a very very long time.
Well, i don't know who can debate against this-spot on

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even if Everton go down this year, Sean Dyche will have delivered 121 sequential years back-to-back in the top flight. Incredible individual achievement, if you think about it.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we stay up, then Gary leaves for a big championship club next March, with us sitting pretty in the play off spots.... Then we appoint Barry Chuckle who loses every remaining game, and we finish midtable... I think any fair minded observer would conclude that giving us four seasons in league one would push Barry Chuckle right to the top of our best ever managers chart.
Chuckle in.

Bridgy 81

Chuckle in.
To Me ……. To You…….

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Even if Everton go down this year, Sean Dyche will have delivered 121 sequential years back-to-back in the top flight. Incredible individual achievement, if you think about it.
Not really Pricey as unlike GC he wouldn’t have had direct involvement in all those 121 seasons.

tavyred

Who kept Rotherham up then?

Confused.
Ronnie Moore? 😎

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not really Pricey as unlike GC he wouldn’t have had direct involvement in all those 121 seasons.
Caldwell would have had to have done pretty spectacularly badly for us not to have completed the first season though, wouldn't he? I assume you're on the wind up, because you usually come across as someone with an IQ well above 45.

Caldwell would have had to have done pretty spectacularly badly for us not to have completed the first season though, wouldn't he? I assume you're on the wind up, because you usually come across as someone with an IQ well above 45.
Lets be fair i'd of backed Barry Chuckle to have kept us up with that squad last season

Mid Devon Grecian

Your exact words were 'where would you rank the achievement of GC giving us three consecutive seasons of third tier football'

He hasn't given us three consecutive seasons of third tier football, though he might deliver the club its third consecutive season of third tier football (here's hoping).

I am sure at this point that you're deliberately failing to acknowledge the difference, so will park it there.
Oh, that’s a shame. I was just ordering a bulk delivery of popcorn, best cancel it 😉

Alistair20000

We are in League 1 and Gary is our Manager that is all I know
Cue for 30 pages of comedy gold Exeweb debate on whether this post is correct or not. :)