• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not a 6 pointer and it's not the biggest game of the season so far. We're 13 points ahead of them. It was more of a 6 pointer the last time we played them.
Sorry Snoop - putting 6 points between us and them has to be the aim surely.
We are probably only 4 wins away from safety - now is the time to do it and score a few goals to better the goal difference should that come into play on the day of judgement.
Perhaps you like to live dangerously and win at home on last day v Oxford - I don't !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are probably only 4 wins away from safety - now is the time to do it and score a few goals to better the goal difference should that come into play on the day of judgement.
Perhaps you like to live dangerously and win at home on last day v Oxford - I don't !
I dont want to live dangerously I was just pointing out its not a 6 pointer. If we win we're 16 points ahead of them. If we lose we're 10 points ahead of them.

Every game is as important as the next until we're safe.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not a 6-pointer but it's one of a small handful of games that we have left that we'll go into as favourites. A third defeat on the spin against a poor side will put the club in a pretty dark mood with difficult games coming up. Think it's pretty important to get it over the line against them.
It doesn't matter whether we're favourites or not, unless you're the bookies. We've already shown we can beat the best in this division and lose to the worst so being favourite means jack.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It doesn't matter whether we're favourites or not, unless you're the bookies. We've already shown we can beat the best in this division and lose to the worst so being favourite means jack.
Yeah sure, we can win at Oakwell and we can lose at home to Port Vale, but its still more likely we beat the poorer sides at home.

JGrecian23

It's not a 6-pointer but it's one of a small handful of games that we have left that we'll go into as favourites. A third defeat on the spin against a poor side will put the club in a pretty dark mood with difficult games coming up. Think it's pretty important to get it over the line against them.
It doesn't work that. By that logic we were more likely to beat Cambridge and Rovers at home than Barnsley and Peterborough.

Throughout the season you will pick up results unexpected and lose one's you 'shouldnt'.

No point in analysing remaining fixtures yet and picking where we might get points. We could easily lose to Fleetwood and then go and beat Peterborough afterwards.

JGrecian23

Sorry should have the read the next page before quoting as mine is just a rambling version of what had been said!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
why is it? the difference in standard isn’t massively different and if anything you’ll be watching more entertaining games as we wouldn’t be as scared of the opposition.

Ive spent £200 on match tickets in theory this season going to 10 home games stood on the bank (also been to a couple away) (plus all the extras you spend at the ground) (plus the extra when i take my son)

I’ve seen us score 4 goals at home in those games so i’m spending in theory £50 a goal…..in league 2 it would probably work out to be £25 a goal….

finishing 13th-18th in league 2 and spending £50 to see us score or seeing us finish top 10 in league 2 and spending £25 to see us score? from an entertainment and match day experience point of view its a no brainer
Disagree. Got fed up playing Mansfield and Newport, losing to Sutton and Accrington.

At least we are playing better sides and getting the occasional fantastic result, Barnsley away for example.

Hopefully we can stay up and be more entertaining next season

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
A 6 pointer doesn't just mean a doubly important game. If there's a 13 point gap already, it's not a 6 pointer. There are teams that could likely overtake us
Disagree. Got fed up playing Mansfield and Newport, losing to Sutton and Accrington.

At least we are playing better sides and getting the occasional fantastic result, Barnsley away for example.

Agreed. What's even the point if you don't care about outcomes?

Boyo

Agreed. League One is a much better league. The standard between the top of L2 and the bottom of L1 may be quite narrow, but the overall standard in L1 is much higher. And it's much more fun playing against the likes of Pompey, Bolton and Derby, rather than Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. League One is a much better league. The standard between the top of L2 and the bottom of L1 may be quite narrow, but the overall standard in L1 is much higher. And it's much more fun playing against the likes of Pompey, Bolton and Derby, rather than Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton.
Not sure 'fun' is the right word under the current regime.