• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

cullbaggie

Surely we need him to stop leaking goals before worrying about the other end, he needs to go as we need someone with fresh idea's and i am a person that thinks teams sack managers too easily!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you’ll find he’s on a ‘wind up’ guys..
It's what we're short of at the moment, getting wound up.

Grecianman135

I think maybe we need to be a bit more grateful that we still have a club & are all the way up in league one. Look at Bury etc.

Surely the board know what they’re doing?
Your Alfie Indra and I claim my £5..

We8Argyle

Your Alfie Indra and I claim my £5..
I’m definitely not! But hypothetically, if I was any of that group, would I not be Jon Beer?

londonboy80

If 85+% of the fan base want him out then it doesn’t matter what official statements the board puts out about a long term appointment and sustainability. Their position becomes untenable and they will have to get rid. What do any of the people in positions of authority at the club stand to gain by keeping this clown in charge? If they get rid and we get relegated anyway, no one will criticise them for that decision because nearly everyone agreed with it anyway. Doing nothing at this point is not an option. The fact the club are willing to stick by him to me suggests that they don’t think GC is the problem, which means others are jointly responsible for this situation. The solution isn’t to keep all those responsible in jobs until January and chuck money at the problem! Does the board genuinely think that with the right investment Caldwell is the right man for the job? If that’s the case then good luck to them all over the coming weeks, as boos turn to chants not just against Caldwell but them as well. Whether certain figures at the club feel they have let Caldwell down on the playing budget, in a dire situation like this there has to be a scapegoat to show the club can act. Allow this to carry on and we are the biggest laughing stock in the EFL. The message of ‘it’s ok to fail repeatedly’ then resonates around the whole club

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If 85+% of the fan base want him out then it doesn’t matter what official statements the board puts out about a long term appointment and sustainability. Their position becomes untenable and they will have to get rid. What do any of the people in positions of authority at the club stand to gain by keeping this clown in charge? If they get rid and we get relegated anyway, no one will criticise them for that decision because nearly everyone agreed with it anyway. Doing nothing at this point is not an option. The fact the club are willing to stick by him to me suggests that they don’t think GC is the problem, which means others are jointly responsible for this situation. The solution isn’t to keep all those responsible in jobs until January and chuck money at the problem! Does the board genuinely think that with the right investment Caldwell is the right man for the job? If that’s the case then good luck to them all over the coming weeks, as boos turn to chants not just against Caldwell but them as well. Whether certain figures at the club feel they have let Caldwell down on the playing budget, in a dire situation like this there has to be a scapegoat to show the club can act. Allow this to carry on and we are the biggest laughing stock in the EFL. The message of ‘it’s ok to fail repeatedly’ then resonates around the whole club
This is bang on.

Right now, they are damaging a model that has already under the spotlight with the budgets etc. If they can't sense the vibe from the fanbase, what exactly is the point in all of this? I'm a sceptic as it is, however I like the idea of a close connection between the fans and the boardroom. This just seems to be showing it up for what it is, an illusion.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Twitter poll that distinguishes between Trust and non-Trust members, not much difference in % wanting Gary gone.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is bang on.

Right now, they are damaging a model that has already under the spotlight with the budgets etc. If they can't sense the vibe from the fanbase, what exactly is the point in all of this? I'm a sceptic as it is, however I like the idea of a close connection between the fans and the boardroom. This just seems to be showing it up for what it is, an illusion.
I think there's room for a difference of policy view between fans and board. I don't want their decisions to be too closely controlled... We don't need referendums on everything, will be a mess. There is a limit to this though. Can't just persist forever in a direction the fans are dead against.

Time wise though, no one really knows who wants what because all polls are nonsense, but I'd say you've had the majority behind you for a pretty short time... 2, 3 weeks maybe.

thistle123

As a thistle fan who had to endure his tenure it's interesting to see this repeat.
Have a look through your league and managers of each club and compare percentage win rate of their managerial careers.
That will tell you all you need to know.
It makes pretty grim reading. You've got a manager in charge who has shown that he fails to deliver any consistency with a number of clubs.
An average of around a year in each job and a win rate of 33%..
January transfer windows etc.
This doesn't get any better btw.
You were all warned last year.
Hopefully you can get this sorted out quickly and move on. Looks like a great wee club and some decent fans.

Mid Devon Grecian

Agreed it’s a mindset, not just losing, but absolutely falling off a cliff in multiple games. They don’t care enough to fight for him. Not gonna be changed by having 2 shiny new strikers alone, needs to go asap.
I’m not surprised the players have had enough.

I don’t think Aimson and Hartridge are at all comfortable playing this tippy tappy passing out from the back. Pierce probably the same but he’s a positive chap so you don’t maybe see the body language negatives with him.

I’ve had a moan about Jules on here but in hindsight I think the guy has no clue what his role is or if he does he’s just not equipped to play it.

Harry Kite has been put at right wing back sometimes and again like Jules he’s not equipped to play that role in the style GC wants.

Scott was a winger apparently but has been played as either a striker or No10. Might we see a player with some impact if he was on the wing? Decent enough cross in from out wide to set up the goal at Swindon on Tuesday.

Trevitt seemed to have a game based around arriving in or just outside of the box at the right moment and having a crack, we’ve hardly seen any of this. Look at what he did v Middlesbrough!

When Mitchell was fit he was different gravy and I think pretty much did his own thing, a very confident player. Maybe someone who doesn’t need motivating hence why he’s continued to perform?

Sonny Cox playing a role he’s not suited to, another example.

Final straw for me is sticking Cheick up front.

GC is out of ideas, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our best results came early in the season, we had a few unknowns about us with new players etc.

We had that advantage, but teams would have done the same analysis as GC does on them and quickly worked out how to negate us.