• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Presumably today there will be a meeting at SJP with a handshake and parting of ways right.... right?

Ah sorry, I forget we're no ordinary football club.
You’d have thought so. Is he still here?

rifraf

As a thistle fan who had to endure his tenure it's interesting to see this repeat.
Have a look through your league and managers of each club and compare percentage win rate of their managerial careers.
That will tell you all you need to know.
It makes pretty grim reading. You've got a manager in charge who has shown that he fails to deliver any consistency with a number of clubs.
An average of around a year in each job and a win rate of 33%..
January transfer windows etc.
This doesn't get any better btw.
You were all warned last year.
Hopefully you can get this sorted out quickly and move on. Looks like a great wee club and some decent fans.
Thistle? Suspect you haven't been north of Taunton.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well if he's a windup merchant pretending to be a Partick Thistle fan to muddy the waters, he's done very well to spike GC's managerial record up there. It's a matter of public record.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He checks out as Glasgow based.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't need the guy to scan us a copy of his Partick Thistle season ticket to know that what he is telling us is correct.

Djg123

A quick Google search into Gary’s managerial history at thistle and Chesterfield confirms everything he said is true regardless of where he’s from. Something our incompetent board failed to do prior to appointing Gary.

denzil

I have been behind GC since he arrived but now I wish I was behind him on Beachy Head...........not bothering Tuesday night !!

rifraf

If so, I apologise.

I must be getting too sensitive to some of the scammers and double-posters on here.

(PS Is he still here)?

InMyBlood

Having said that I do think that GC's plan was a good one and the players he brought in were pretty good as well. Not even sure if the much vaunted lack of forward options are entirely his fault either. The total rebuild of the team didn't give us the scope for any alternative, too few players and limited on flexibility.
Would have been interesting to see where we'd be without the devastating injury crisis we've had but suspect the geni is out of the bottle now and nobody has the ability to put it back.
GC is a good man but suspect he's about to be thrown to the dogs.
My concern is that, apart from Aimson, he has the same defence that was here under Taylor and they were pretty solid. Surely as a former defender he can see his plan hasn't worked and could revert to what did. Is it lack of ability or bloodymindedness?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
My concern is that, apart from Aimson, he has the same defence that was here under Taylor and they were pretty solid. Surely as a former defender he can see his plan hasn't worked and could revert to what did. Is it lack of ability or bloodymindedness?
The team last season had something for the opposition to think about. Watch those Bolton goals... how worried do they look about turning the ball over to a counter attack? If you're a full back are you going to be more concerned about Stansfield breaking in behind or Diabate? How does this impact your decision to turn up in the 6-yard box to head home the opener?