• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

thermopylai

I Agree , lets see how he uses the funds - life is full of ups and downs , we were playing some sublime football at the beginning of the season. Im sticking with the Board and Gary. We'll stay and and consilidate next year.
You've been inhaling the air in Pl*muff too long mate...

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
The tipping point should have been Fleetwood.
It shoulda been, but wasn't.

Wycombe is the new line in the sand.

Naturally it'll be a can kicking draw.

gilbertshoot

It shoulda been, but wasn't.

Wycombe is the new line in the sand.

Naturally it'll be a can kicking draw.
Until the next line in the sand. And the one after that. God, this is depressing

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t really care about the Caldwell situation anymore i’ve gone past caring, what will be will be.

But more worryingly is the transfer window , right now we are probably from a players point of view hardly looking an attractive option to either spend 6 months on loan to get some games or gain some experience if a young player.

13 games without a win , 3 goals scored….in theory unless your out of contract and desperate or were willing to offer big wages to prise someone away i don’t think many will be in the queue

If you’re a striker worth your salt you’ll be looking at it and thinking who’s going to create my chances? will i score enough to make the move to the west country worthwhile ?

We need 2 strikers , we need a couple central midfielders and arguably a winger as we haven’t got anyone in the Mitchell category with him out….i reckon we need 5-6 players to have a chance…

5-6 in January? very unlikely i’d have thought.
And that 5-6 have to improve what we have. On track record, there's no chance of that, whatsoever.

Mr Jinx

Until the next line in the sand. And the one after that. God, this is depressing
I think (ok more like hope), that once we're in the relegation zone (which might be later today), minds become a little more focussed.

So, in the relegation zone and lose at home to a team that hasn't won in 5 games in a similar position to us, and you'd have to say there's no way back. But then this is Exeter City 🤷‍♂️.

Were we to lose that day, the fans (if they're arsed, which they should be) need to make it really uncomfortable for all in charge. Booing, banners and worse.

Reactions: Ash

Alistair20000

Caldwell will be with us next season and the season after, and so on. The Board will not sack him irrespective of which league we will be in.
I do think the Boards might act if next season following a dismal relegation we are in danger of dropping out of the 4th tier

That said, would not put any money on that scaring them into some sort of life

City_Slicker

Would you rather spend X number of pounds on bringing in a player on a two year contract or use that money as compensation to terminate Caldwell’s contract?

JCWhoosh

I was trying so hard to stick with Caldwell and giving him the benefit of doubt with injuries etc but that is the strongest line up we could have put out (-Mitchell) but we were still outplayed. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Up to the board now!

andrew p long

Fun fact for today.

GC has never before been in the same management job on 1st Jan and 31 December of the same calendar year. 2023 would be the first time - provided he's still in the same job a week tomorrow.

Is this an omen that he'll be gone in the next week? Or a potential achievement?

(Wigan April 2015-Oct 2016, Chesterfield Feb?-Sept 2017, Partick Oct 2018- Sept 2019 ECFC Oct 2022- ?)

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

Would you rather spend X number of pounds on bringing in a player on a two year contract or use that money as compensation to terminate Caldwell’s contract?
The latter. Doing the former would be throwing good money after bad. Got to nip this thing at the source, not paper over the cracks.

Reactions: Ash