• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the passage of time only the final league position will count. In 40 years time young City fans will pore over league records and say, "Ooh that must have been a good season, mid table league 1, would have liked to have seen that".
This will only be true if the next 40 years are as dire as (most of) the 40 years between 1962 and 2002. I'm confident under Trust stewardship that they won't be and therefore this season will be looked back on in the same way I view it right now...

"Meh"

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
This will only be true if the next 40 years are as dire as (most of) the 40 years between 1962 and 2002. I'm confident under Trust stewardship that they won't be and therefore this season will be looked back on in the same way I view it right now...

"Meh"
How often do I look back at season records from the 70s and 80s and ponder the experience of being a City fan at that time? Never.

Football is very much about the now.

paperclip

"Meh"
I have only been to one away game this season, and so haven't really seen the silky, free flowing football my friends tell me we often play away from SJP. Unless we go bananas in the remaining two home games it is likely that goals scored at home will average fewer than one per game. So whilst it's great that we have survived for another season in League One, I agree that "meh" is a pretty accurate summary of the football I personally have seen us play this year.

Bridgy 81

Although post match interviews conducted by club’s in-house media teams are bound to give a slant towards their own side it can still be interesting over the course of a season to compare and contrast the ‘performances’ of the respective Managers.
I always watch ours and frequently hunt out our opponents.
What’s struck me in particular is how unflustered GC appears to have been when speaking even when we’ve been in periods of desperate form.
He must have a high level of confidence in his approach and his coaching staff and players and a very thick skin.
Alternatively and I appreciate Cheltenham’s situation is bleak but their Manager spoke a load of old tripe after Monday’s match.
It’s hard to imagine he even actually believed what he was saying.
Different people react and respond to awkward situations differently I suppose and although GC often appears to me to be excessively and unnecessarily animated on the touchline during matches he seems calmness personified in his interviews, even when things have gone against us.
And that is an admirable and rare quality.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Although post match interviews conducted by club’s in-house media teams are bound to give a slant towards their own side it can still be interesting over the course of a season to compare and contrast the ‘performances’ of the respective Managers.
What’s struck me in particular is how unflustered GC appears to have been when speaking even when we’ve been in periods of desperate form.
He must have a high level of confidence in his approach and his coaching staff and players and a very thick skin.
Alternatively and I appreciate Cheltenham’s situation is bleak but their Manager spoke a load of old tripe after Monday’s match.
Different people react and respond to awkward situations differently I suppose and although GC often appears to me to be excessively and unnecessarily animated on the touchline during matches he seems calmness personified in his interviews, even when things have gone against us.
superb post and totally agree There is more to a manager than the just results on the pitch ( I know they are the most impotant thing before anything else)

Grecian_in_Plymouth

I have only been to one away game this season, and so haven't really seen the silky, free flowing football my friends tell me we often play away from SJP. Unless we go bananas in the remaining two home games it is likely that goals scored at home will average fewer than one per game. So whilst it's great that we have survived for another season in League One, I agree that "meh" is a pretty accurate summary of the football I personally have seen us play this year.
disagree - We've played some wonderful stuff at times i was lucky to be away at Barnsley . but that's my opinion

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
disagree - We've played some wonderful stuff at times i was lucky to be away at Barnsley . but that's my opinion
He's literally said he's not been to away games 😂

lamrobhero

I agree his recent interviews have been good and suggest strength. But we started off with "the Gary vision" and the psychological stuff. Maybe the bad run will be the making of him.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair, even those of us who were vociferously Caldwell Out during those bleak autumn months never really complained about his interviews or how he conducted himself. A class act in that respect.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same as me, only been to home games this season and on the most part it's been fairly uninspiring.

Great that we've survived and a good job done overall however.