• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Cancelled" Paypal Subscription

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Further to the general debate over on TWoWS regarding Trust Membership, I have just received this email from Paypal
[email protected] to me
show details 25 May (1 day ago)

Dear Ian Grove,

You have successfully cancelled your subscription to Membership ECFC Supporters' Trust

You will not be invoiced for this Subscription again.

-----------------------------------
Cancellation Details
-----------------------------------

Cancellation Date: 24 May 2010
Subscription Name: Membership ECFC Supporters' Trust
Subscription Number: S-6XL76475B8907280U
Trouble is, I wasn't aware that I'd even asked to cancel it :S and obviously want to pay this year's subs, but what is the best way. Can I pay directly with my debit card instead?

Any advice gratefully received.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
This does happen from time to time. I believe that you can re-instate your payment by going through the process of rejoining (click on the paypal link on the trust site; http://www.ecfcst.org.uk/how-to-join/)

Alternatively, you can renew via any of the other methods on the above page.

PeteUSA

I find paypal will only work on a renewing basis, as long as the credit card details they have dont change. Do you have a different card now with different details that they dont know about? If you've been issued a new card through expiry or even loss, the numbers, expiry date etc wont be the same, and it wont get recognised until you add the card to your paypal account.

Grecian2K

Thanks Martin - consider it done - correctly this time!! [y]

And thanks, Pete - that's probably it (new card). Normally only use PayPal for one-off purchases so never encountered this before.

UTC
G2k

Nix

Don't know if this is related, but I've just tried to click on the paypal link on the Trust website to donate to Pitch In but I get a message saying "This recipient is currently unable to receive money". :S

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our Paypal account for Pitch In for City has been temporarily suspended because there is too much money in the account. I will be looking to sort this asap, but alas it is not going to be a quick process.

In the meantime, I will look to set up a "go between" solution.

Grecian1966

Our Paypal account for Pitch In for City has been temporarily suspended because there is too much money in the account. I will be looking to sort this asap, but alas it is not going to be a quick process.

In the meantime, I will look to set up a "go between" solution.
Too much money in the account - now that IS a 1st for Exeter City!

Good one Martin.