• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Candidate Husting

David Treharne

I enjoyed reading the notes written by the various candidates.Of course, you tend to like anyone who sets out just why the want to help City, so it's very hard to make a sensible choice about who to vote for.
Of course it is. It also makes very interesting reading to see what present members of the BOS put forward in their manifestos when they were 'elected'. I'd be inclined to hold on to those notes, Alan!

I settled for three people who I thought indicated most strongly that they want to address the accountability issues that are of most interest to me at the moment.
Thanks to everyone who stood for election though. It was an impressive list of candidates and a good read.
...possibly more importantly also made the decision to send in the completed ballot paper. It will be interesting to see if the 'electoral turn out' comes anywhere near the average 28% turn out that occurred in the most recent Council elections in Exeter. I'd echo the final part of your post, because it was "an impressive list of candidates", and to me indicative of the fact that there is amongst [some sections] of the membership, a genuine belief in the Trust model and a desire to see that its ambitions match those that are driving certain parts of the whole organisation forward, and holding other parts of it back... I'll leave those elected to enlighten you further.