• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Candidate Husting

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
C'mon guys. I want harmony in the ranks from now on....."the battle on the field begins now".

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Controversy ?

You trying to suggest the is an argument for the banking sector ?

I read what you were looking to do and can get behind the aspiration, but if you got a seat at the table and they ganged up on you with a man size gag would you tell them your duty was to truth and openess and not to the clique, irrespective of the consequences re access ?

I'll answer for you to save you the embarrassment, no you wouldn't, but neither would any of the others.

I can recall nothing from the past that gave the BoS the right to do deals to exclude the membership from the process, they have no mandate to conceal anything they know from the plebs, they do it because they are committee men to a man.

With that in mind I have just spoiled my ballot paper, whichever five get in nothing will change, just the faces in hospitality.
Sorry for the delay - been out with the family tonight ... but happy to answer this query..no embarrassment at all ...

There will be times when items have to be confidential but I would want these to be for clear reasons and for only a limited period. Am i going to pledge to break every confidence I gain? No .. Am i going to blindly accept confidentiality just to hide information? No.

As has been stated on this thread, it is clear that the 8 candidates do not know enough about the current workings to make further pledges which might excite more debate ... I have been standing on the outside looking in and thinking "it's time to work for improvements" ...

As for hospitality, its very nice but I plan on only ever being there as a paying supporter ...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm interested in whether you think that by developing a capital investment programme the current monthly contributions to the black hole of the clubs finances should be reduced/eliminated? Obviously I would be interested in any other candidates views on the way that the Trust should be using its finances, and how it should be financing the club.
I can confirm that I am looking to change the contribution model going forward.

When we were donating 70/80k out of 500k, it was a very large % of club revenue. Now we are talking about £100k out of £2.5m+ which means that we should be looking to use this money as a capital fund.

This years club budget has been set and shouldnt be tinkered with - however 2011/2012 budgets have not been set yet and I would envisage asking the club to confirm a £500k wishlist of capital programme so that the Trust members can decide as to which projects they would want to support this year.

This would lead to clarity as to where subs are going and could lead to increased donations .. If I receive a letter saying pls pay more, I am likely to ignore it. If I get a letter stating that if I and other Members gave an extra 50p a month it would lead to X or Y at the ground or C&F, I think it would lead to increased revenue...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A thought that's just occurred to me.

i wonder whether any of the candidates have any relationship - formal or informal - with current Club Board members or BoS members?
No formal relationships with either board or BOS ...

I would like to think I am friends with a few BOS members - Denise, Martin, Neil LM & Dr Dave - but this has come through being a fan first not through BOS hunting ...

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can confirm that I am looking to change the contribution model going forward.

When we were donating 70/80k out of 500k, it was a very large % of club revenue. Now we are talking about £100k out of £2.5m+ which means that we should be looking to use this money as a capital fund.

This years club budget has been set and shouldnt be tinkered with - however 2011/2012 budgets have not been set yet and I would envisage asking the club to confirm a £500k wishlist of capital programme so that the Trust members can decide as to which projects they would want to support this year.

This would lead to clarity as to where subs are going and could lead to increased donations .. If I receive a letter saying pls pay more, I am likely to ignore it. If I get a letter stating that if I and other Members gave an extra 50p a month it would lead to X or Y at the ground or C&F, I think it would lead to increased revenue...
Well why didn't you say that before I wiped me arse on the ballot paper, proper joined up thinking, they are gonna hate you if the 15% or so of the membership who will actually vote go your way.

Alistair20000

Well why didn't you say that before I wiped me arse on the ballot paper, proper joined up thinking, they are gonna hate you if the 15% or so of the membership who will actually vote go your way.
Shirley there is a procedure for getting a replacement ballot paper ?

Grecian1966

Shirley there is a procedure for getting a replacement ballot paper ?
Is there one in any election?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Have only just myself caught up with this debate.

As Adam has pointed out, the gulf between what the club itself generates in income and that generated by the Trust has widened significantly since 2003 and it is no longer a case of the club needing the Trust to keep it afloat financially (although if things ever went into decline again then that scenario could potentially re-occur).

I have never seen it as anything but obvious that it would be more likely that Trust members would financially support specific capital projects than pour money into some kind of club "black hole" where it is never clear how, or what, that money is being used for.

Whatever the merits (or not) of the CEO appointment, I do not and cannot agree with the kind of decision that was taken to part fund the CEO salary. It is my view that funding of any club appoitment is not part of the function or remit of the Trust, however valuable the post is perceived to be, and it is something I would have voted against. I would do the same in any similar situation in the future.

In terms of confidentiality then, clearly, there will always be matters that cannot be put into the public domain. By and large though, I see no reason why information and decisions cannot be passed on to the membership and the apparent decision to review the "Part B" content and procedure of meetings is a step in the right direction.

For the record, I never made use of any free hospitality in any way when I was a Trustee previously. I have experienced it twice, once as a guest of a friend who had won "Director for the Day" and once as a paying member of the EDG's. As good as hospitality can be, I actually prefer to be in my own Flybe ST seat (which I have always purchaed out of my own pocket), with my regular friends.

The first Wembley play-off was during my previous spell on the BoS and I was offered and accepted two free tickets for Wembley. The second ticket I gave to our bus driver as a thank you for getting us to and from Wembley safely. He wouldn't have seen the game otherwise and enjoyed it (as a neutral!).

I don't like prawn sandwiches.

Red the Paper

Banned
My own experience representing a multi national in a leading role is a good reason why I couldn't represent BOS myself.
QUOTE]

:D:D

Ha Ha Ha!!

Why's that?
Because City are not a leading multi national and the skill sets required are totally different. i certainly would never trust anybody who worked directly for a bank.

My vote is for Pete

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I enjoyed reading the notes written by the various candidates.

Of course, you tend to like anyone who sets out just why the want to help City, so it's very hard to make a sensible choice about who to vote for.

I settled for three people who I thought indicated most strongly that they want to address the accountability issues that are of most interest to me at the moment.

Thanks to everyone who stood for election though. It was an impressive list of candidates and a good read.