• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Car Been Impounded

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Congratulations ony our sterling efforts, I for one applaud your actions and love the fact that someone is sticking up for the "little guy". Clamping and clamping legislation needs full and proper governance, untill that point these cowboy companies will continue to take advantage of unsuspecting individuals.
Hear , hear , well done jr1871.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Hear , hear , well done jr1871.
This for sure.

LOG

A friend was clamped in The Imperial car park after leaving her car there overnight. Apparently they'd rather you drove home drunk.

mammooman

The only experience of parking mishap I've had is at the concrete jungle that is Plym*uth. It was about 6/7 years ago when the Pyramids multistory was free after a certain time in the evening, handy for concerts at the venue, which I think was the point.

We parked up, drove to a floor with lots of spaces and had a handy exit onto the walkway, checked the sign 'No charge after 6pm - maximum stay 6 hours'.

After the gig we got back to the cars to find the dreaded parking fine yellow sticker stuck onto the windscreens...not just our cars...almost every car on our floor. Well, there was nothing I could do at 11pm at night, not one of us had a digital camera, or at least one with any battery power, or a camera phone (did they exist then?!) We checked out the parking sign again, we were correct. It read as mentioned before.

The next day I called Plym*uth Sh*ty Council who told me the overnight charges changed a few nights before and there were signs explaining this displayed. My arguement was maybe there was signage, but the parking meter machine still displayed free after 6pm. You can find out how many cars were fined etc on a particular night and their locations, well you could at the time, over 80% of all people fined in the whole of the city that night were in our car park....on our our floor number?! Isn't it bleeding obvious that someone just forgot to change the sign on that floor.

A few days later I had to visit that dump so took a digital camera....the meter sign had been changed.

The council were adament I was in the wrong, letter after letter they sent, I had no proof, nothing, other than the high amount of cars fined on the floor I happened to be on and the word of the 7 other people I was with.

Red the Paper

Banned
May I politely suggest that if you are worried about being clamped, scrap your car and buy a bike, that way there will be more parking spaces for those of us who park correctly

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
May I politely suggest that if you are worried about being clamped, scrap your car and buy a bike, that way there will be more parking spaces for those of us who park correctly
Please god no. You don't live in "UK Cycling City" Bristol, I do. Too many cyclists, most of them utter w*nkshafts.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Thanks for the replies people. She's going to have to pay the money to get the car, and then put in a claim to get it back.

Seems like PPS really are a bunch of odious Billy Hunts.

MikeGrecian

I don't drive,some c unit nicked me bike a few years ago mind from outside Blockbusters,hope they had a bleddy nasty accident on it to,feckers:mad:

Grecian2K

Agreed. I expect the car was someone from the companies(Slander that be lol).
I had to chuckle one morning last week when, while strolling through the car park behind Mary Arches I spotted one of the City Council Logo'd Parking Van parked in a clearly marked disabled bay while the nearby traffic warden - whoops, sorry :$, CIVIL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER was busily ticketing a car.

When I politely enquired whether, when he'd finished that, he proposed to write one out for his own van I can assure you that his reply was decidedly NOT civil.

Made my day off, that did!

Antony Moxey

If you're not clamped and parked either 'illegally' or overstayed your time limit (Exeter Services) and it's private ground simply ignore any fines that come through the post. They are speculative invoices and uninforceable. They'll send you the usual 'legal' rubbish but it'll never go to court as they can't prove it was you driving the car and you are under no legal obligation to provide them with such information.

Trick is to stay strong - they'll keep sending stuff and the costs will go up, but in the end they'll give up. Just don't reply to anything!