• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Catering stock control?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Better tell them to bring their own food this season. :)
Hardly worth the bother when you consider how few of them are likely to come.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Lol, I'll just leave it as an [un]pleasant surprise ...

Red Lion

I bring a flask now.....
Serious question Russ, do they let you in the ground with a flask?

I know a lady who had her tin of hairspray from her handbag confiscated at SJP, because apparently if you squirt it in front of an open flame it becomes a 'flame-thrower'.

In this day and age of health and safety, I would imagine, not only from a missile point of view, but also the boiling hot liquid would make it not welcome? :cool:

Red Lion

Further from that, on another thread they were talking about the Club selling Pot Noodles (mmmmmmmmmmm Pot Noodles) on a match day in the OG.
You're supposed to pour on boiling water, then let it stand for a while, stir it, let it stand then, stir it again then eat all the yumminess. Before it got stirred, I wouldn't fancy that poured down the back of my neck by some numpty!

Red Lion

Just realised how stupid the hot water bit is, no different than from the kiosk:$

Pete Martin (CTID)

Oddly enough, I was just peeking at the MK Dons forum to see how the land lies and - contrary to this thread - there is a thread praising the range and quality of the food at SJP. So, have things suddenly nose-dived on the catering front or are the MK Dons supporters easily pleased???
Several points there Rae...

• As others have said that will be a comment from last season.
  • My issue is specifically with what's on offer inside the ground - not in Red Square
  • If you had tried the food at Stadium MK you would see why they think our is good! :D

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Several points there Rae...

• If you had tried the food at Stadium MK you would see why they think our is good! :D
They do really good pies.

Pete Martin (CTID)

They do really good pies.
I thought they were Pukka?

Anyhow, I bet they don't beat the ones @ Hereford....now that was a pie! :p

MyNameIsJonah

just to say the family room is run all by volunteers,we do all the shopping ourselves. we simply started it in the first place as we had children ourselves and knew how much we spent on food on a match day. the only down side is that we miss an awful lot of the game.
ps no more pot noodles as someone got burnt last year.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Serious question Russ, do they let you in the ground with a flask?

I know a lady who had her tin of hairspray from her handbag confiscated at SJP, because apparently if you squirt it in front of an open flame it becomes a 'flame-thrower'.

In this day and age of health and safety, I would imagine, not only from a missile point of view, but also the boiling hot liquid would make it not welcome? :cool:
Aerosols and items with compressed air are banned and pretty much every ground in the country. Flasks are not. As stated you can buy hot water in the ground anyway if you wanted to throw it at someone.