• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Away - Saturday 10 September

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Buses replace trains between Basingstoke and Woking. :(
Carp isn’t it :confused:

Bridgy 81

After ruling out driving up and staying in or near London (on cost grounds) or going in on the rail (on the possibility of strike grounds) I've got myself a place on Grecian Travel for this one.
I just have to get down to Taunton (no problem) and the coach is picking me up from the motorway junction before we head towards London via the A303, M3 etc presumably.
I've not been to The Valley before so I'm looking forward to it and if we arrive early enough I fancy a wander down to the river to see the Thames Flood Barrier (18 minutes on foot apparently).
But I'd sooner be thinking of a great performance by us and 3 points for us on the coach journey home rather than an interesting piece of engineering!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Carp isn’t it :confused:
There's a theme going on in these away threads!

How about up to Salisbury, down to Southampton Central and then up to Waterloo? 😃

KentGrecian

For those driving, ensure your car is ULEZ compliant! Westmoor/ Eastmoor streets are the best for free parking, only a 10 minute walk away from The Valley!

Red Devon

Ticket came yesterday

Grecian Max

What's the situation with tickets for this? Are they giving us the whole end? Was just going to buy on the day

KentGrecian

POTD available according to the website, the whole end can hold way more than 700 so I'd presume theres no need to panic

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
POTD available according to the website, the whole end can hold way more than 700 so I'd presume theres no need to panic
The last time we were there I remember that the end was divided and we shared the end with Charlton fans.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
The last time we were there I remember that the end was divided and we shared the end with Charlton fans.
What a day that was...same again would be nice.

KentGrecian

Ah ok hants.