• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was he half cut again? šŸ™

fred binneys head

Did any of our lads get arrested for entering the field of play? There were a few that got carried away when we scored the penalty, hope they all made it back into the stands.

JW57++

'kin idiot!! Three penalties?? What three penalties? I can't even remember what the third might have been. There was certainly the one where the Cheltenham player got done, rightly, for diving and I think there might have been a sliding tackle by Woods that might have had this clown thinking his side deserved a pen nut what the third was, without some serious memory jogging, God knows.
Love the title of Clarkeā€™s interview on the CTFC website. ā€œAn honest assessment of todayā€™s defeat from Townā€™s manager Darrell Clarke.ā€ šŸ˜‚

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

ChrisWickens

Just to give you an idea about the views of Cheltenham fans, here is a WhatsApp message I received from a Robins fan (a business colleague of mine here in Cheltenham)

""Chris... I am absolutely fuming about that second half, and it has taken me this long to look at my phone.

That was the most incompetent and biased referee that I have experienced since watching an Under 10 game with Ben playing 20+ years ago... on that occasion, half the parents took our players off the pitch at half time and took them home.I really hope today's referee takes time to watch the video of the match back and realises how bad he was. He needs to return his match fee and expenses and tender his resignation to the EFL.

Our players were kicked up in the air... no foul. We touched one of your players... not just a foul but a yellow card. He missed a blatant penalty (and had the audacity to give Jordan Thomas a booking for diving having been clattered by 2 Grecian defenders).And, I'm really not sure about your penalty (I was a long way away), but it looked like a hard shot cannoned off a Cheltenham arm at point blank range.

I agree we should have been 0-3 down after 10 minutes (for once, Mo Eisa didn't bring his shooting boots to Whaddon Road), but over the remaining 80 minutes 1-1 would have been a fair result.Oh, what's more, the referee referred an incident (I think abuse from the home crowd), but appeared to take absolutely no action against the prats from Exeter who stopped the game 3 times by throwing illegal flares onto the pitch.

Footnote: I have toned down my comments... I am normally quite supportive of referees as they have a tough job to do. I hope you are happy with your three points, but if today's game is pivotal in sending us down, my fury will reignite!

And I sincerely hope you are feeling better. Now, I'll take some time to look at the other results.""

I think it is fair to say he was mightily pi**ed off!

denzel

Luke Harris did well to do a blog on this as well

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just to give you an idea about the views of Cheltenham fans, here is a WhatsApp message I received from a Robins fan (a business colleague of mine here in Cheltenham)

""Chris... I am absolutely fuming about that second half, and it has taken me this long to look at my phone.

That was the most incompetent and biased referee that I have experienced since watching an Under 10 game with Ben playing 20+ years ago... on that occasion, half the parents took our players off the pitch at half time and took them home.I really hope today's referee takes time to watch the video of the match back and realises how bad he was. He needs to return his match fee and expenses and tender his resignation to the EFL.

Our players were kicked up in the air... no foul. We touched one of your players... not just a foul but a yellow card. He missed a blatant penalty (and had the audacity to give Jordan Thomas a booking for diving having been clattered by 2 Grecian defenders).And, I'm really not sure about your penalty (I was a long way away), but it looked like a hard shot cannoned off a Cheltenham arm at point blank range.

I agree we should have been 0-3 down after 10 minutes (for once, Mo Eisa didn't bring his shooting boots to Whaddon Road), but over the remaining 80 minutes 1-1 would have been a fair result.Oh, what's more, the referee referred an incident (I think abuse from the home crowd), but appeared to take absolutely no action against the prats from Exeter who stopped the game 3 times by throwing illegal flares onto the pitch.

Footnote: I have toned down my comments... I am normally quite supportive of referees as they have a tough job to do. I hope you are happy with your three points, but if today's game is pivotal in sending us down, my fury will reignite!

And I sincerely hope you are feeling better. Now, I'll take some time to look at the other results.""

Twitter or x are full of comments like that. Like has been said, after their antics in previous games against us, I've no sympathy. It's not our fault they're in the bottom four.

Spoonz Red E

Re the three late penalty shouts.
Frame by frame and stills show:
Ours - Defenders arm away from body. Ball strikes hand/wrist. It doesn't matter if accidental. Penalty.

Their two claims.
[1] Their attacker is making the move backwards towards Luke Harris who is standing his ground. Luke jumps to head ball with his arms by his side. There is no contact worthy of their player falling to the ground clutching his head.

[2] Their attacker pushes the ball slightly ahead of him and Ryan Woods gets a clean touch on it to put it away for the corner. Even easier to see at full speed. The ref is perfectly positioned to see this 'side on'.

I get it that supporters get riled up in the moment (including us) and also that some decisions/outcomes are imprecise but these aren't.

Slagging off the ref after this evidence is available? (n)

Bridgy 81

To be honest I donā€™t think Cheltenham were especially hard done by in relation to any of the key decisions.
And if an element of that is because weā€™ve become more street-wise in elements of our play then thatā€™s good and about time.
Aimson seems especially ā€˜professionalā€™ to me in that regard.
Weā€™ve lacked his type of nous in the past and been poorer for it.

STURTZ

So long suckers!šŸ˜