• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Choose the New Third Kit for Next Season

JulenBeer

The bigger question is - was this discussed around the dinner table?
You know full well that would spoil the surprise, Max!

Arthur Davey

As an aside, I can’t understand why we don’t adopt the Brazil gold and blue as an away kit.

Never going to be an issue when our first kit clashes, and has a nod to history. History any other club would love to have.
Iirc we wore such a strip away to Liverpool in 1981 League Cup tie first leg.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Iirc we wore such a strip away to Liverpool in 1981 League Cup tie first leg.
Are you sure? I thought we had an all green Adidas away strip back then.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't actually see the point of the white kit. We wear red and white stripes. The whole point of a change strip is because the opposition have a colour clash, ie red and/or white in our case, which tenders the white strip with copious amounts of red trim pointless.
You'd think so, but if you watched the recent Chelsea v Leicester FA Cup game both sides wore [slightly] different shades of blue. Absolute madness.

Spoonz Red E

You'd think so, but if you watched the recent Chelsea v Leicester FA Cup game both sides wore [slightly] different shades of blue. Absolute madness.
Hmm.

One black and one blue.
Plain versus sash patterning.
The sky blue sash is much lighter than the Chelsea blue.
Black socks v white socks.

I get the feeling it's another 'people are fuming' story from the mail after pulling a handful of tweets off the net.

Just my take.

Reactions: Ash

Stelios

Hmm.

One black and one blue.
Plain versus sash patterning.
The sky blue sash is much lighter than the Chelsea blue.
Black socks v white socks.

I get the feeling it's another 'people are fuming' story from the mail after pulling a handful of tweets off the net.

Just my take.
The radio commentators mentioned it before kick off and weren’t happy at all but when I watched the highlights the ‘clash’ was nothing like as bad as I was expecting. Lack of contrast might be an issue for the colour-blind though? :unsure:

Nigel E

The all-green was worn away to Liverpool in the 1979/80 League Cup 4th Round tie.

We played them over two legs in the 2nd Round in 1981/82 and got an 11-0 aggregate chasing. We wore the yellow and blue away kit to the away leg (which I went to).

The club produced an away scarf that had a yellow and blue chequered border with a yellow broad band in the middle, with a red "Exeter City" written down the middle. I bought it specially for the match, and used to have it until I sold it on for a few quid on eBay a while ago.

Spoonz Red E

The radio commentators mentioned it before kick off and weren’t happy at all but when I watched the highlights the ‘clash’ was nothing like as bad as I was expecting. Lack of contrast might be an issue for the colour-blind though? :unsure:
I take the colour blindness reasoning to a point.
The most common colour blindness is red/green.
For those with blue colour blindness - and often this causes a confusion between blues and yellows - one shirt had a big sash across it and the socks were black / white opposites.

Radio Free Skaro

thats what I thought

grecianfaniow

I got an idea use the white one for the away kit and scrap the grey one (looks like pyjamas anyway) and then have the horrid black one as a third strip to please everyone!