• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City newbie. Best place for pre-match pint?

ECFC89

Think we are being a bit harsh on the prices. Pay 3.50 myself for an ale at my local, working mans pub and by no means a posh pub. The FECRACE is in the city centre and won't have discounts like weatherspoons do.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plus fecrace supports ecfc...!

Think of it as a charitable donation to the ECFC and real ale cause.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Think we are being a bit harsh on the prices. Pay 3.50 myself for an ale at my local, working mans pub and by no means a posh pub. The FECRACE is in the city centre and won't have discounts like weatherspoons do.
It's run by volunteers. Therefore the costs are not much than the cost of the barrel of beer.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's run by volunteers. Therefore the costs are not much than the cost of the barrel of beer.
And a grand job they do. I assume they have to charge the same as the club bar.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And a grand job they do. I assume they have to charge the same as the club bar.
They do do a great job. No they don't have to charge the same as the main bar.

iscalad

They do do a great job. No they don't have to charge the same as the main bar.
Hmm okay. Surely if they charged £2 a pint the main bar wouldn't do much business.

Oldsmobile-88

On the subject of prices,I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned already but there is a price drop(club bar downstairs) post match.
I believe it’s £3 a pint from the pumps.I had a quick look in there on Saturday & it looked busier than usual.

iscalad

On the subject of prices,I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned already but there is a price drop(club bar downstairs) post match.
I believe it’s £3 a pint from the pumps.I had a quick look in there on Saturday & it looked busier than usual.
So they charge more before a match and less after it. Brilliant marketing ploy. What's not to **** customers off?

Oldsmobile-88

So they charge more before a match and less after it. Brilliant marketing ploy. What's not to **** customers off?
I guess the reason is to try to stem the flow of punters who seem to prefer to drink in The Duke of York,post match.
I do not go into the Centre Spot pre match because it’s too busy.
The Centre Spot is very quiet except on match days,if they tried to match The Duke on prices It would run at a huge loss I would imagine.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
When you have spent £££s getting to the game and on your ticket, 20p more on a pint seems a silly thing to get steamed up about. Every time the price of a pint goes up with inflation I remind myself that it was 10p in Devenish pubs and 12p in Whitbread ones when I came to Exeter in 1971.