• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Rovers Build Up

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep I agree it would be great to get a couple more experienced players, but only a couple for me. If we've signed the likes or Rowe, Coley etc we must be assuming they have something about them, so I would limit new signings now. If we did get a couple of experienced guys, and that coincided with everybody being match fit, we'd end up leaving a lot of people who want first team football on the bench, and not sure good that always if for squad morale. A nice win against Rovers would be just what is needed at the minute.
This is the problem with not being able to sign players on loan after the transfer window is shut. You either have to have a very large squad to cover all eventualities or be prepared to rely on youngsters to fill in if necessary, even if they are not completely ready.

As for Rowe and Coley I think they are slightly differently cases. Rowe is clearly talented but hasn't played much football at a senior level so needs time to adapt. By contrast, Coley has played quite a bit of football at a decent level so we just need to see whether he can cope with the step-up from non-league but you'd hope he'd be ready to play in the first team as soon as he's fit.

LDNGrecian

Sadly can’t make this one due to catching Covid. Also I’m about 80% sure I caught it watching city vs Orient.

Hoping for some chances actually to be made! Take any scrappy goal right now!!

Ex-ciderrr

Strangely looking forward to this one despite no goals and not much to shout about so far for us this season, I always do look forward to games vs Bristol Rovers, Westcountry derby and all that. I can’t wait to be back inside SJP with my pals too, atmosphere should be good, Rovers always sell out and are loud, as we can be at SJP too when the BB is behind the team.

Somewhat optimistic, I feel if our defence can perform like it has in most games this season that’s a good basis for a clean sheet/result. Nombes likely return is a boost for us up top, he has to start and I’m sure he’s chomping at the bit to get going again.

3-1 City Nombe x2, Brown. Gas consolation late on.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing us score a goal again!

Jason's preview

Macca

0-2. My glass is half empty at the moment, can't see where the goals are going to come from?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Javani on Saturday's game

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
🎵🎶
"You're not Cowick Barton, you're not Cowick Barton,
You're not Cowick, you're not Cowick, you're not Cowick Barton" .....

"You're not Whipton Barton, you're not Whipton Barton,
You're not Whipton, you're not Whipton, you're not Whipton Barton" .....

"You're not Marsh Barton, you're not Marsh Barton,
You're not Marsh, you're not Marsh, you're not Marsh Barton" .....

"You're not Hill Barton, you're not Hill Barton,
You're not Hill, you're not Hill, you're not Hill Barton" .....

"You're not Wear Barton, you're not Wear Barton,
You're not Wear, you're not Wear, you're not Wear Barton" .....

"You are Joey ....
You forgot Birchy Barton......

Spoonz Red E

Missing this game due to illness.

Last home game missed due to illness (flu back then)?
Exeter City 5 Sheffield Wednesday 1
Almost became a tradition. ;)
Pleased for Roger Kendall 'though.

andrew p long

Almost became a tradition. ;)
You're banned!