• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Cricket 2011

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Have played 2 saturday games now won 1 lost 1....

Took 6-48 in my first game which we bowled Braunton 2nds out for 98.

Saturday we lost to Chudleigh bowled out for 221 chasing 228 in a cracking game , bowled 13 overs for 21 runs opening up , no wickets as neither opener played a shot untill about 25 overs gone....then scored 30 before being caught and bowled.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Blimey - our oppo this week have made national headlines for fielding one of the banned Pakistan players!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/194967/Exclusive-Cheat-Amir-still-playing/

Poundstretcher

Jase, what's the deal with registration forms and the like for the Surrey League? Would a player like Amir need to have signed/registered before playing in the fixture - would this not have rung alarm bells with the league executive? Or are Addington one of those teams...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No, there isn't a registration system with the league/ECB/whatever for our league, hence there are possibilities of "ringers". A team that was in our Premier Division until resigning last season would regularly field top Bangladeshi players - when our 1s were in the Premier Division for a season 4 or so years back this side had players with Test experience.

However, there are rules in place around playing players in our league with current FC experience, or even (as we have a few 4th XIs of Surrey Championship sides) Surrey Championship Premier Division players. There is also a rule about players of obvious ability - hence in the BBC report of this, Addington are clearly lying when they said they checked with the league about whether he could play, as this would have been in direct contravention of Playing Condition 11 of our league, which relates to players playing who are obviously far too good for the standard they are playing at and their influence on the result.

Addington actually do possibly have previous on this. In 2008 we played them, and they had a guy who claimed to play for Rawalpindi. I checked Cricket Archive and, unless he was playing under an assumed name, he didn't play FOR Rawalpindi, but played top (ish) level Cricket in the Rawalpindi region. You might be able to guess who it was based on the scorecard:

http://tscl.play-cricket.com/scoreboard/scorecard.asp?id=10493055

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Season possibly over for me. had operation on my arm yesterday

current average: bat. 6 innings 380 runs, hs 92* average 76
bowl. 16 wickets for 416 @ 26

might be back for a few games in late august

CREDYGRECIAN

Plymouth home saturday , 3rd week in the 2nds...still hoping for that first team shout but as long as they keep winning its gonna be tough to break in.

then Plymstock the week after , 2 weeks of playing scummers.

nice.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well, after all the shenanigans of the last week with our oppo - which actually unbeknown to most of us in our team had our game called off on Friday only to be restored later in the day (when we had lined up a back-up for a friendly), the game passed off OK. The Acting Chairman of our league attended the match (and umpired it), while Paul Taylor of the Surrey Cricket Board (yes, the Paul Taylor wot played a couple of Tests for England) also turned up at the ground before the match to speak to him. The league, incidentally, has been sh*tt*ng itself over the issue...

Anyway, we bowled first as they won the t*ss and only having 7 men at the ground (one of whom would later be relegated to 12th man) they decided to bat. Their star bat (who holds the league record for scoring 270 not out a couple of years back) was one of the latecomers, and we bowled well early doors. The star came in at 5, and 2 balls later was in the hutch having chopped on to his stumps. Their main resistance came from one lad who scored 57 and their Skip late on (who bore a passing resemblance to Wasim Akram, as it goes), as they were bowled out off the last ball of the innings for 147.

In reply, on a difficult damp pitch we made steady progress but lost our Skip, Tony, and fellow opener Pes, both with the score on 41. I came to the crease at 4, and got things going scoring 27 as we looked to increase the run-rate with rain threatening. Shaz Ahmad (36 not out) then anchored us home as the rain passed by and missed us, as we won by 4 wickets with 5 overs to spare.

CREDYGRECIAN

We defeated Plymouth saturday - we got 223/6 off our 46 overs i had a sneaky 18 off as many balls at the end batting at 4...

we then bowled them out for 53 , 13 overs , 6 maidens 5 for 14 , thankyou plymouth.

Ian Sideman

We defeated Plymouth saturday - we got 223/6 off our 46 overs i had a sneaky 18 off as many balls at the end batting at 4...

we then bowled them out for 53 , 13 overs , 6 maidens 5 for 14 , thankyou plymouth.
Top figures those Credy. Congrats on your michelle..!

wemissmoxey

2nds ??????????????????????

Easy game.

Still good figures though.

Last edited: