• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club statement re fans behaviour

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A allegation that Lincolns kit man was assaulted,I sit above the tunnel & he was certainly distressed as he went down the tunnel..
Terrible if true. Shouldn't be difficult to identify the culprit(s) with the cameras being there. Life time ban.

dontpassback

According to the daily mail (I know !!)it appears that some city fans went up to goad rhead and the poor old kit man got a knock to the back of the head,and at 78 years of age ,that ain’t too clever.its one thing celebrating,but another thing rubbing it in,there are some photos on mail online showing a lad giving the fingers to rhead who was being held back by one of the Lincoln staff.either way it takes the gloss off a good evening!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes I have now read that too. 78 year old kit man assaulted by gloating City fans, Nicky Cowley hit on the head. If true it is disgraceful and I hope the culprits are arrested and banned, and a fulsome apology made to Lincoln City.
A fan was daft enough to go up Rhead & goad him,who was restrained by a member of the coaching staff..I know he is public enemy No 1 with a few of the Grecians followers,but he is a big old unit to chance your arm with :D.

ImpossibleOpinion

A allegation that Lincolns kit man was assaulted,I sit above the tunnel & he was certainly distressed as he went down the tunnel..
Yes all over our feeds official and from people at the game that several of your little scrotes attacked not only one player and our assistant manager but the nearly 80 year old kitman - tarnishes the whole thing and shows ECFC in a terrible light ...over-officious stewarding and then this at the end ...organisation at the end non-existent.

Last edited by a moderator:

iscalad

According to the daily mail (I know !!)it appears that some city fans went up to goad rhead and the poor old kit man got a knock to the back of the head,and at 78 years of age ,that ain’t too clever.its one thing celebrating,but another thing rubbing it in,there are some photos on mail online showing a lad giving the fingers to rhead who was being held back by one of the Lincoln staff.either way it takes the gloss off a good evening!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5742311/Exeter-3-1-Lincoln-agg-3-1-Danny-Cowleys-dream-promotions-ends.html

Taggy on the pitch!!!!

Avening Posse

Unbelievable. Words fail me. Cannot quite believe anybody would assault an elderly kit man.

ExeterCityLad

Stop being so bloody boring and soft. It's football fans. Embarrassing our club is making a deal about this and embarrassing 70+ year olds on here getting in a hissy fit. We've won the semi finals and fans are going to run on the pitch and celebrate

ExeterCityLad

Unbelievable. Words fail me. Cannot quite believe anybody would assault an elderly kit man.
They didn't.. pathetic rumours. Didn't happen.

denzel

Is the Daily Mail written by a Lincoln fan.
But sadly predictable, some of our fans are brain dead. Find them and ban them.

iscalad

Stop being so bloody boring and soft. It's football fans. Embarrassing our club is making a deal about this and embarrassing 70+ year olds on here getting in a hissy fit. We've won the semi finals and fans are going to run on the pitch and celebrate
Thanks for your insightful input.