• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clubs we have never played

mustangspeed2006

Pretty sure we lost 2-1 to Stafford with 86 year old Neil Grayson on the scoresheet.
Ah yes, you're right — I must've erased that from my memory! A contentious last-minute winner as well, IIRC.

I seem to remember one of their fans giving it the big one on here for several weeks too.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
We played Arsenal in an inauguration game for the new, old, old, old floodlights around 1963/64!
Perhaps my memory is playing up but I always thought that Cliff Bastin switched the new floodlights on for the Arsenal game?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
At Filbert Street (1981?), we sat in a stand amongst all the Leicester fans, and it was all very friendly and good natured. Until Frankie Prince committed a horrendous tackle right in front of us, and all hell broke loose.
Frankie Prince continued to dish out "horrendous tackles" after he left us and the Football League. I sent him off at Ottery St Mary in the early 90's for blatent ankle tapping after the ball had been cleared upfield. Not a deed I enjoyed doing, but rules is rules.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps my memory is playing up but I always thought that Cliff Bastin switched the new floodlights on for the Arsenal game?
I'm pretty sure it was Billy Wright, took the chance to go around the City shops at Xmas with wife Joy Beverley. Anybody else confirm?