• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2024

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
A happy New Year to you all, even if you support the wrong team.

Geddon Somerset !

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member

Happy New Year! Lots of changes in 2024. Broad gone, Anderson? Blundred dead? 🔔🔚 Warner despatches himself. Stokes injury worries.

Bring it on! 🏏

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought only England could throw away wickets this badly. India were 153-4 and were all out for 153!

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I thought only England could throw away wickets this badly. India were 153-4 and were all out for 153!
And still lead by nearly a hundred going into the second innings

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite remarkable.

6 wickets for no runs in 11 balls.

23 wickets on day 1 of a Test Match must raise some questions about the quality of the pitch.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
23 wickets on day 1 of a Test Match must raise some questions about the quality of the pitch.
I’m surprised they were able to get the game on at all, considering the weather, in Ciderabad.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite remarkable.

6 wickets for no runs in 11 balls.

Just watched the highlights and the pitch wasn't anything too bad. A green tinge to start with, which had some lateral movement but not extravagant along with good bounce. Siraj was just on fire and blew the top order away exposing the lower middle and tail who played some poor shots among some decent bowling. It did make South Africa's decision to bat look a bit odd.

In India's innings the green-ness had gone and anything full was being put away. The bowlers pulled their length back and got extra bounce off a back of a length. It is Centurion so extra bounce isn't a surprise. India didn't deal with it. Definitely help there for the bowlers but the batting has been up and down. Pitch is sporting at worst.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ciderabad.
That makes me think of pitch inspectors. (n)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
India win by 7 Wickets on Day 2 !!
I would think a pitch report on its way

cannockred

India win by 7 Wickets on Day 2 !!
I would think a pitch report on its way
And all 10 catches. Methinks the pitch may have been doing a bit🤔