• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dale Farm.....

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you lot honestly think that even a majority of the supporters there are the rich anarchists? And you call me naive...
No we don't but the ones who throw their faces in front of the TV screen screaming Police Brutality or some other thing about their "Human Rights" are not ones who are "Poor" The real Poor squatters are holed up in some dive in a run down estate wondering what old person or house to rob to get their fix, They couldn't give a flying f*ck about Dale Farm or even know what day it is.

These ones at Dale Farm, Student Protest etc are normally well educated, well spoken rich kids who think this is their way of helping the "Little People" until their money runs out and they go back to suburbia.

Im not a right-wing in the slightest but i do hate people who jump on others bandwagons so they can justify their rebellious tendencies to satisfy their ego's and who will forget this when the next protest comes calling

Do you lot honestly think that even a majority of the supporters there are the rich anarchists? And you call me naive...
Spcako, Actually I think the majority that attend would be considered wealthy compared to the hard working people in the UK on minimum wage etc. How do people afford to travel the world attending these rallies? G20 in New York and other places across the globe. There is a core following of people who like to be seen at these events and they have money etc. (off peak open return to Basildon is £74.00, not cheap!)

The people at Dale Farm like to be seen with you at the Liberal Conference:) Lets face it the law has been broken for years and they attend to have a fight with the police/authority figures.

Once again it is the HRA stopping the police from using a bit of additional force:)

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Im not a right-wing in the slightest but i do hate people who jump on others bandwagons so they can justify their rebellious tendencies to satisfy their ego's and who will forget this when the next protest comes calling
So do I, but the vast majority at all the events you have mentioned are NOT the kind of people you talk about. Either they are true anarchists (in the case of Dale Farm) or affected by the thing being protested (in the case of student protests).

Once again it is the HRA stopping the police from using a bit of additional force
I am absolutely fine with the police not being able to beat the sh*t out of protesters.

Cravat

Spcako, Actually I think the majority that attend would be considered wealthy compared to the hard working people in the UK on minimum wage etc.
[citation needed]

mammooman

How can he citate his thoughts?!

Cravat

How can he citate his thoughts?!
I think, I reckon, I believe [followed by a load of unsubstantiated sub-Daily Mail tosh]

It's all that gets posted in these threads. How about some evidence to back it up?

Last edited:

mfcrocker

I think, I reckon, I believe etc etc

It's all that gets posted in these threads. How about some evidence to back it up?
Exactly. For some reason people on here think they can make any old claim and not have it questioned.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
So do I, but the vast majority at all the events you have mentioned are NOT the kind of people you talk about. Either they are true anarchists (in the case of Dale Farm) or affected by the thing being protested (in the case of student protests).
[Citation needed]

;)

mammooman

See I'm the opposite, I think the beauty of personal thought and differences are just that. Personal and different. It takes out the boundaries. Fills in the grey area. It allows for an infinate influx of comments and gives the chance to develop and change ideas based on what is being brought to the debate. Not just simply accept or reject a statement.

The danger isn't in posters not backing up their comments, it's in the readers who are unable to tell the difference between a statement or fact alongside a personal opinion.

mfcrocker

[Citation needed]

;)
[#REDIRECT: Burden of Proof]

I really need to stop editing the company Wiki.

The danger isn't in posters not backing up their comments, it's in the readers who are unable to tell the difference between a statement or fact alongside a personal opinion.
Shirley posters should stop presenting opinions as fact? If a speaker is being misinterpreted then the speaker is failing to some degree (even if often it is just failing to be understood by idiots)