• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Godammit, I think I'm going to have to agree with you. Top post. (Painful to say so, but credit where credit's due). ;)
Blimey, yeah, me too ;)

Forget about 'Tis spending out on fees for players - it's not on his agenda.

Any extra money he gets will be spent on wages and security for any players he wants to keep, in the hope of keeping them as long as possible, and on encouraging and developing young talent.

Personally I am 100% with him on that.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not so sure about this whole "Tisdale doesn't like buying players" thing, he did afterall make a record bid for an unkown striker did he not?

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im not sure wether Deano will command as higher fee as Friend did. I hope we keep him though although if he does go, then im sure Murray could be a decent replacement.

grecianstew

Since Tis has been here, I'd suggest the only player he hasn't replaced adequately has been Challinor, yet every departure from the club has been met with wails of doom and despondency about how we're sure to now get relegated.

Each year under Tis has been a progression from the one before (including this year - we were never regularly as far up the table in previous seasons as we are now), so I think you're dismissing too lightly just what we've got going on here.

You say about Moxey, Gill and Seaborne yet I'll bet you said the same about Todd, Phillips and Challinor and we know what happened there. Look at what we're doing Creds, and how we're developing young talent and mixing it with experienced pros like Edwards, Stewart and Marriott.

This isn't meant to sound like a pop at you, but I do think sometimes you watch just a bit too much Premiership and CL and lose sight of how things work down here - you can't just go and splash out when you feel like it if you think you're not pushing on quickly enough, we've seen where that leads often enough.

Personally I'm absolutely delighted about where we are compared to where we were, and can only see us making further progress. It's easy to say it, but patience really is the key and if you give the club time you will be rewarded.

I would agree with all of that, except the replacing of Challinor. Harley has been way more effective (last couple games notwithstanding) than Challs was and i still believe Basham to be a better player in that role. In my opinion Carlisle is the only one who i believe has not been replaced, however League position refutes even that suggestion

Gozzer

I'm not so sure about this whole "Tisdale doesn't like buying players" thing, he did afterall make a record bid for an unkown striker did he not?
Given the standard of his free transfer signings, can you imagine how good that striker is? Even if he is (allegedly) currently on a season long loan in the BSP. ;)

Grecian2K

Given the standard of his free transfer signings, can you imagine how good that striker is? Even if he is (allegedly) currently on a season long loan in the BSP. ;)
Wasn't Ryan on a "season long loan" at Weston in preparation for his league career?

Or Matty at Team Bath for that matter

Or Neil Saunders (at the RD&E ;) )

In Tis we Trust!!! [ecfc]

Copernicus

In my opinion Carlisle is the only one who i believe has not been replaced

Saunders may be the boy!

ronniej

Are you fishing Creds?! Moxey is not as good as George, George had two feet for a start!
Dean has a better football brain and he could also play in alot of positions.

Invisible Man

Dean has a better football brain and he could also play in alot of positions.
Totally agree. Better by far

ECFC JP

Saunders maybe the boy!
He could be, but i think he needs time.