• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
whilst he's at City we'll always see him give 110%.
If I were Deano, I would just take each game as it comes.

Last edited:

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
At St Albans a couple of years back, in the lashing rain with the ball hardly moving along the grass and everyone thinking it could be called off at any minute - so why risk getting injured on such a surface - our Deano ran his nuts off, and scored a late winner.

There's every chance he'd have done that for whichever club he was playing for, but I remember wondering whether there was that little bit of extra fire inside him cos of who he is and where he's come from. I s'pose we'll never know.

I was saying in the pub after Daggers that I think he could stay at ECFC and make something like 500 appearances. Would be nice, eh? We should book Doncaster for his testimonial, with their keeper under instructions to stay on the edge of his box at all times :)

Last edited:

fred binneys head

I s'pose we'll never know.
We will - when he signs for a Championship club and does exactly the same for them :(

Or not :)

Poultice

For what it is worth I have always thought Deano has a rare gift, he is far more talented than George, he has great perception and touch but appears to lack the ability to concentrate for the full 90, this may well result in him not achieving all that he might.

A couple of years ago there were plenty of voices on here prepared to see him leave saying that he wasn't up to it and that his heart wasn't really in it, this may well have been because they failed to take account of his age and possibly underestimated the difficulty of playing for your hometown team. It is good to see that the general opinion has now come around to realising what a talent he is and recognising the contribution he has made in getting where we are, I hope this may continue for some time to come but fear that the cash of some desperate Championship or minted 3rd Div club may well draw him away come January. We must sell to survive, more especially as the Credit Crunch really starts to bite, Danny, Ryan, Jonesy and Deano are our lifesblood and the vampires may well be calling to collect.

Antony Moxey

The my point exactly but then you couldn't expect somebody as souless as Moxey to understand that.
Course not Harris, you've played the game haven't you - what do we mere spectators know about anything...

LOG

Deano will always give 100% no matter who he plays for it's just that whilst he's at City we'll always see him give 110%.
This can't even pass as opinion. It's simply incorrect.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a shame that Deano's City career ended the way it did last Thursday.

A loyal servant to the club, home town boy and true Grecian. 'That' goal will go down in history as the one which saved our club...

Thank you Deano and all the best for the future.

DB9

What a shame that Deano's City career ended the way it did last Thursday.

A loyal servant to the club, home town boy and true Grecian. 'That' goal will go down in history as the one which saved our club...

Thank you Deano and all the best for the future.
It was Monday but everything else totally agree.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was Monday but everything else totally agree.
I've quit football in the interim and the days have all merged into one.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would hope his City career isn't over. Without letting sentiment enter the equation the club could offer him a player/coach role as he would be an improvement on the Warren vacancy. I obviously do not know if Deano sees his future as being still in the game but it would be a sensible, pragmatic move to offer him something at the club.