• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Do not go gentle into that good night...

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know it’s more fashionable to coldly demonstrate one’s credentials as a pundit at football matches rather than letting yourself get swept along with the emotion of whole-heartedly supporting the team, but I recall how hard we had to fight to get back into the Football League and I’m not much inclined to slide back there without putting up the same battle that helped us escape non-league football six years ago.

So, after watching a couple of recent games from the FlyBe, I’m up for a return to the Bank on Saturday. I’m gonna have a few pre-match cider liveners and, like a wild-eyed Bertie Cozic called into the starting eleven to do a tough job in testing circumstances, I’m going to lend my whole-hearted if slightly wayward support to whoever wants to start off the songs,

And, frankly, however disappointing our performance and however much I may disagree with the manager’s tactics or the club’s spending on administration, I don’t intend shutting the ****** up till I’m back in the Spot easing the sore vocal chords with a cider calmerdowner (it’s a very versatile drug).

Is anyone else keen to make an extra effort to help our young side play positive football as we fight for our f***ing Football League lives? If you've tried moaning, sulking, nail-biting or suffering in silence, why not let your heart rule your head and simply throw yourself into loud and proud support for Exeter City?

Train tickets booked. Red Square, 1pm, and I'll take it from there...

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Well said, Mr Crockford. That's the spirit.

No doubt TVR will organise the whole thing for you as a Facebook event or somesuch, if he's not too busy counting the pitch**** money.

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well said Alan. Very good to hear(y)

paperclip

Nice one Alan, that's exactly the kind of commitment we need at the moment. I hope the players show so something similar to end our Cheltenham hoodoo.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
**** me this thread makes me feel sick. Cringey has a new definition.

Hadnt you flounced about 9 times? Why would anyone follow your pointless requests?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Knew someone like you Jay would say something like that.

Last edited:

Chuckles

**** me this thread makes me feel sick. Cringey has a new definition.

Hadnt you flounced about 9 times? Why would anyone follow your pointless requests?
Got to agree with you Jay. Another, look at me OP....I have an appointment putting pins in my eyes, far more enjoyable than watching any team managed by that **** Tisdale

Last edited:

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, I'm going to have a good old go at doing my bit on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Don't give a flying **** what the keyboard warriors on here say - I've barely read anything you've written since getting fed up with it in the middle of our most successful season ever.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll be there Alan, then again I've been there all season trying to cheer the lads on to victory, unfortunately it's all been to no avail, we're still sh*t!

If you're going to shout please don't stand near me, I've grown accustomed to long periods of quiet interspersed with heartfelt groans and the odd "Dear God".

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not been a classic season has it? But if we really do think we're a dreadful side, then all the more reason to show a bit of fight from the terraces and try to get our edgy players to play and the referee to err in our favour.

We can't let an under-strength team or a manager some people have chosen not to believe in, or anything else for that matter, over-ride our primary duty which is to fight together and keep Exeter City in the Football League.