• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Fantasy Sprint

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Prompted by Stuart Storer memories on the Derby Co thread, a fantasy 60 metre sprint race of City players from my memory.

The line up as follows:

Andy Cook
Stuart Storer
Leon Braithwaite
John Williams
Christian Roberts
Randell Williams
Josh Key
Jake Caprice

Who wins?

Other suggestions of line ups welcome. I'm sure I have probably forgotten some speed kings and the golden oldies on here will have many to add 🙂

Exehausted

Leon Braithwaite. Absolutely brilliant.........until he got the ball!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Agreed. His brother was a British class 100m sprinter if I remember correctly.

grecIAN Harris

Didn't John Williams come as quickest in the league on some televised job. For what it's worth I'd go Braithwaite or Roberts. I'm surprised you've got Randell Williams in there and not Mackie who's pace made life a mare for defenders

andrew p long

indeed. When he got clear of defenders and through on goal I was praying that an opponent would bring him down. He scored so few of those chances that his pace created. As a footballer , he was a top class sprinter!

Rosencrantz

Didn't John Williams come as quickest in the league on some televised job. For what it's worth I'd go Braithwaite or Roberts. I'm surprised you've got Randell Williams in there and not Mackie who's pace made life a mare for defenders
I thought about Mackie and the young version of Scott Hiley but settled on the above. I think it shows that we haven't had too many genuinely rapid players over the years.