• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trust Tackling Loneliness Together Project

Pete F

Just letting you know about a new project they City Community Trust have got involved with . Along with another 31 community trusts from the EFL , CCT have been awarded a sum of money , to go into the community and make contact with elderly people who have become isolated during the Covid 19 situation, either via telephone, letter or a garden gate visit .
We are looking for befrienders to make the contact with these people , but more importantly if you know of someone who could do with a phone call or would be happy to receive a chatty letter from someone please , please let them know about this project and get them or a family member to contact me , [email protected] . There will be a telephone contact available later this week , which I will post on here as and when.
We are mainly looking at contacting folks from the Exeter area who are 70yrs+ , but there is some flexibility on age and location . If you know of someone out of our catchment area , we can hopefully put them in contact with our colleagues from their closest EFL trust community club . We are working with the supporters trust , DCC , ECC , Age Uk Exeter etc .
At the top of this post I’ve posted the link about the project on the CCT website , which explains more about the project and has a links to sign up as a volunteer and as a participant.
Stay safe
UTC
Pete

Andy Holloway

Top marks to ALL concerned in this.