• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Electronic scoreboard

bflockha

Didnt Bournemouth have a nice scoreboard/clock in one of the corners of their ground.
Would have thought selling advertising for it wouldnt be to difficult as people would always be glancing it during the match, soon pay for itself.
Realise not a priority but if the club wants to move on.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can I ask how often people actually forget the score at SJP? :p

I think that a clock would be useful, it's a bit tricky standing at the top of the BB and trying to strain my eyes to see the clock in the Doble. Can't remember Bournemouth but Bury had one (although hardly any advertsing space sold on it, just adverts telling people how to advertise :S) and the one up at Sandy Park looks quite professional.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Quite possibly a few. They seem to need goal music to tell them that we have scored, so a useful thing to have. And they can watch the scoreboard as they probably won't understand what is going on on the pitch. :)

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think that a clock would be useful, it's a bit tricky standing at the top of the BB and trying to strain my eyes to see the clock in the Doble. Can't remember Bournemouth but Bury had one (although hardly any advertsing space sold on it, just adverts telling people how to advertise :S) and the one up at Sandy Park looks quite professional.
On a board costing £20,000 a clock can be easily incorporated. However, longer term (when the initial capital investment has been recouped) this is more about income generation. The Bury experience you quote is not typical, most clubs report that advertising sales are full to the board's capacity.

Last edited:

pete_h

I have a 14" CRT television with Teletext/Ceefax capabilities. Page 322 I think it is on ceefax. I am willing to donate this to the club if they wish to put it in the away end. I will also chuck in an extension lead for mobility purposes.

ecfc2000

I have a 14" CRT television with Teletext/Ceefax capabilities. Page 322 I think it is on ceefax. I am willing to donate this to the club if they wish to put it in the away end. I will also chuck in an extension lead for mobility purposes.
excellent idea, I'll provide a small generator!!! :D

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
Chesterfield, I found it hard to keep up:$:(

UTC[ecfc]

ecfcandy

I heard that tisdale doesnt like scoreboards which is why we arent having it.
he doesnt have to take any notice of it!!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for your constructive replies rightwing.

Fair enough, its not a priority and i understand why.

why not have something like oxford? could it not be attached to the top of the fense in the away end?