• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England Cricket team

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sir Ian??? or would he ruffle too many feathers?
If it gets him out the commentary box i'm all for it.

Suprised about this, I thought it would be just Moores that went, Can't quite see the logic of getting rid of KP when Moores has gone. Perhaps KP resigned beacuse he didn't think Moores would be saccrificed.

We are a bit low on captain canditates aren't we?

Of the current team Strauss & Flintoff are the only real contenders...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that by resigning as captain and apparently pulling out of the WI tour altogether, KP can now go and play in the full season of IPL rather than just 2 weeks, thus earning a lot more, is just coincidence.

I was surprised Moores went, to be honest. The players appeared to be in his camp rather than KP's.

TimG

On SSN they are now saying that Strauss is set to lead us. This for me is the only good move that has come out a complete shambles.

I can only hope that KP will suck up his pride and play for us in the WI as with mores gone surley he will play. Incidently does his central contract not force him to play anyway?

The mighty Grecian

Ian Botham lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU3ZM0ZpABg

look at 0.56 seconds onwards :D

mustangspeed2006

I think that Strauss would make a good captain for us.

I don't really see the point of having a coach; anyone else think this?

Poundstretcher

I think that Strauss would make a good captain for us.

I don't really see the point of having a coach; anyone else think this?
At present there is not an obvious option... perhaps the future is a more managerial/motivational role: however someone needs to fix Ian Bell's batting, and sharpish.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ha ha, just posted on cricket and my post count is 20/20......sorry!
Guess you should really have seen that coming.

Moores and KP gone in 60 seconds, to be honest I have progressively lost interest in the England team as the players become more like footballers

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Gutted to see KP step down , i think he's an outstanding player and man.

Strauss , save boring bet.

As for the coach , get bumble back , start the car :D

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Bumble may have been a lot of fun, but by the end of his tenure we were bottom of the Test rankings. Below Zimbabwe (Bangladesh hadn't yet been given Test status). And failed to reach even the Super 6 of our home World Cup.

Strauss is a born captain, and should've been given the job in Oz last time as well as when Vaughan jumped ship.

KP an outstanding man? You're in a tiny minority who think that - including most of his colleagues.

Bittners a Legend

Strauss as captain is, of course, the right choice. Presumably when he retires in a couple of years it will be passed onto Ally Cook - who has the potential to be the new Vaughan. What worries me is that Straus hasn't been given the job permanently which implies that they may yet be considering being back Vaughan. Really like MV but his time has passed and we have to move on.